Poll: Can you turn your N900 on if the charger is plugged in?
Poll Options
Can you turn your N900 on if the charger is plugged in?

My n900 has never turned on when plugged in and i've had it for about a year and a half.
I usually have to give it about 10-15 minutes of charge time.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I did not notice such behaviour (not turning on while on charger) with standard/power kernel only.
But since I have u-boot, it is something similar (exactly the same):
the phone does not turn off completely while plugged to charger. It shuts down the apps and the OS completely and display goes black, but keeps itself a bit alive somehow, because then I do have this problem also: I am not able to turn it on. In this stage u-boot comes up, kernel loaded, dots and again u-boot, ...
--edit
tested with powered off device, plugged, tried to turn on --> nope, with u-boot from Matan and KP47
--edit off
So just unplug, wait until u-boot showed up, display goes black and after a few seconds phone is completely off,
You may check state of "offness" by pressing power button and check LED. If it comes white, release power button: the phone is off.

Another approach I use always (not only since u-boot) is:
before I plug the charger, I always turn on my phone and immediately as I see the boot loader (u-boot, standard kernel) -or the white LED goes off- I plug the charger. I do this as a manner, because after plugging the charger it takes too much time to wait for boot loader finished, so I may start the phone again. Maybe this helps out a bit ...

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2011-09-24 at 12:34.

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Mine has done this since installing kp v47. I just turn it on and when the white nokia screen appears, plug it in and it starts.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
had same problem, since latest cssu update and maybe kp48

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
i have the same LED problem too....

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Mine has been like this ever since i can remember, though i always install PowerKernel and a bunch of other stuff right after any reflash so i dunno if it's somthing i install that changes things or if it is always like this even with stock firmware and nothing installed.

There is a bug, but it's been closed due to WORKSFORME:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6806

Considering there's a fair few of us, how do we get it reopened?

Managed to reproduce this problem a long time ago with kernel power 46
So probably yes this might be some issues with kernel-power. May I know what version of kernel-power you have? Mine is currently BFS so far no problems at all.

I have the same problem. KP intalled at the time of purchase N900. With the KPv49 problem persists.

I HAD the same problem, but a few weeks ago it suddenly disappeared.

Last edited by Pillum; 2011-09-23 at 05:58.