Closed Thread
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I think this is IRC #jollamobile during devaamo conference.
http://pastebin.com/deN1zc74

Posted in there
https://twitter.com/faenil/status/34.../photo/1/large

Also check back this page for video http://summit.devaamo.fi/2013/videos/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
So far, so... meh. :P Will just have to keep looking for its evolution to see if, how and how fast it can improve.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Broendby, Copenhagen, Denmark
One thing I really like about Andoid (Well I even surprise meself) - is that is so bloody easy to share and upload almost everything. That would be a nice feature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flywheel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by flywheel View Post
One thing I really like about Andoid (Well I even surprise meself) - is that is so bloody easy to share and upload almost everything. That would be a nice feature.
you mean like N9?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Yeah, sharing using proprietary advertising platforms like facebook, twitter and google+. But try sending a picture using bluetooth to an unpaired device... There is simply no need to pair devices when pushing files. The N9 doesn't have this requirement, but android does.

Also, the N95 could share locations as well, by transferring the geocoordinates in an open format by bluetooth, sms, e-mail. This feature seems to be gone, thanks to all the proprietary shizzle these days.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Broendby, Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
you mean like N9?
Haven't tried any of the Harmatten devices, still running Fremantle. Actually I do not care which device gives the inspiration, as long as it is an well functioning integrated feature.

Last edited by flywheel; 2013-07-06 at 13:45.

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Yeah, sharing using proprietary advertising platforms like facebook, twitter and google+. But try sending a picture using bluetooth to an unpaired device... There is simply no need to pair devices when pushing files. The N9 doesn't have this requirement, but android does.
Whether you like it or not, support of the three proprietary advertising platforms is necessary for survival these days. If Jolla did not include these or use these for their campaign - you wouldn't have had the chance bitching about it - because then the Jolla Phone would never had happen. At this moment there are no alternatives.

No I have never ever sent nor received anything using bluetooth, I don't even use the radio on the N900 anymore.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
..Android requirement? Funny... sending from my Xiaomi to a friend's Galaxy Note was possible without pairing. Even stock ROM IIRC. Shall i test it across a more diverse range of devices on Monday?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Haven't tried any of the Harmatten devices, still running Fremantle. Actually I do not care which device gives the inspiration, as long as it is an well functioning integrated feature.
well then I am sure sailfishos will do all what android does except for crap like g+ feeds(there is no api) however picassa(integrated part of g+ should work. Btw the sharing api used in sailfish also works in nemomobile AFAIK

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-07-06 at 14:22.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
What i personally hope for is that SailfishOS would get a function like Autodisconnect on the N900.

It will kill al your connections if idle for a certain time.

Another wannahave is a Mega plugin just like Dropbox is in the N9 intergrated.

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open