Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Don't understand, you mean your new script create large file or the command from your last post ?

PS. new version (v0.2) of rpm file uploaded (included your new script..)

EDIT: read your post again, you meant the command from the last post

Last edited by Schturman; 2014-02-07 at 22:59.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
My findings, if someone can use it:

- I have problem with WIFI when both connections is ON: WIFI and 3G

- I cannot connect WIFI in restaurant because they use telemach free WIFI and after connection it suppose to open browser popup page where I should touch button CONNECT. While I cannot see this popup I cannot connect.

Milko

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matimilko For This Useful Post:
Since of yesterday I have the same issue. Wifi only works when mobile network is switched off. The script mentioned earlier doesn't help.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
I have two 802.11N routers at home, a Linksys EA3500, and Trendnet N950. After waking from sleep, the phone never reconnects to WiFi and I have to manually disable and enable using the Wifi logo on 'settings' screen. The behaviour is same when associated with any of the two aforementioned router.

But at my workplace we have a Cisco access point, and the Jolla phone almost never disconnects from it, even after waking from sleep.

This is very strange.

My Jolla stays connected well to my Asus RT-N16 router running tomato, even reconnects when I get home. Comes with DDWRT, maybe try it? Wonder why the phone acts different on different types of routers.

I use my lumia as a hotspot, jolla phone very often disconnects me after I launch an app.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Are others still having problems with wi-fi?

I dug up my N900 and N9 yesterday to backup debs before the Ovi Store is shut down. I ended up playing with my N9 for a fair while, and used it to stream radio overnight. I was amazed that it was still playing when I woke up in the morning.

With the Jolla, I'm lucky to stream 20 minutes before the wifi drops out and either connects/reconnects (stopping any streaming), or just stops with a 'star', 'exclamation mark', or 'stripes'.

This happens at work and at home. None of my other devices (Laptop, N9, N900, N950, Nexus 7 seem to have this problem - I don't think it's the routers).

So, a few questions for anyone with the knowledge:
  • What does the 'star' symbol mean in the wifi icon?
  • What does the 'exclamation mark' mean in the wifi icon?
  • What do the 'stripes' mean in the wifi icon?
  • How can I gain logs to find out what's actually happening, and why the connection is dropping? Is the 'rmmod' method still relevant now that 'restart network' is available in the Jolla settings/utilities?
  • Is this still happening (and to this extent) to other people?
  • Is Jolla aware of this still, or do they believe all the wi-fi issues are sorted? (A quick search on together didn't turn up anything too recent/useful, but then again - just like my description above it is all rather general and useless symbols messages shown to the user).

Thanks!

Last edited by mattaustin; 2015-02-03 at 15:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
@mattaustin, I got a similar behaviour to yours, e.g. at home I can see the connection is completely lost (stripes), while at work on a multiple AP setup it displays full signal without a real connection. In both cases I have to disable wan from settings and enable it again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
this happens to me a lot,you are not alone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baboo For This Useful Post:
After a year of Jolla, I got the impression that Wifi is a mess on Jolla. Every update seems to change the behaviour but none really fixed the issues.

I don't understand why this issue so hard to resolve. In the end I exepect Jolla to use the standard wifi support provided by the linux kernel and the networking tools that have been working for ages on other linux distros. I wonder what they did to mess that up.

Cheers Jo

The Following User Says Thank You to tmojo For This Useful Post: