I didnt find a post for this, so... would it be possible to add tilt control to preenv, like its possible to add mupen64. Example when playing nova you could move around by tilting device and shoot with touchscreen. Or then add keyboard support to move around ?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
you meant faking dualtouch using the accel data for the second touch?

I think i suggested somthing like this on the preenv thread

no i think he meant playing preenv games with accelerometer
Example when playing nova you could move around by tilting device and shoot with touchscreen

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
no i think he meant playing preenv games with accelerometer
exactly this is what i mean. There are lot of games where you have to move and do other stuff same time, so if you could move with accelerometer, i think the lack of multitouch wouldnt be problem, just maybe...

if i'm not mistaken one of the modes i suggested was using accel data as input for multitouch gestures; i wouldn't consider it a big stretch to use the accel for the second touch and the physical touchscreen for the firs one...

The games are coded to work with touches on specific parts of the screen using a virtual joypad. This sort of thing is very hard to emulate using the accelerometer and is very dependent upon the game itself since all of them have different virtual joypads.

You'll find that most native games with accelerometers already work (eg. Need for Speed) but will be almost impossible to do a generic one to make it work for every other game.

Mupen64 is different because of the defined keys on a physical keyboard that is much easier to map to accelerometer settings - unlike specific locations on the screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to bchliu For This Useful Post:
We need OpenPIE, GlovePIE's open source alternative, unfortunatly last i heard the project was dead before even starting

The "PIE" part stands for "Programable Input Emulator", it is a script language focused on reading all sorts of input devices and as emulating a bunch of them as well; on my Windows machine i use it for lots of things, like controlling custom parameters of my sound card like mic return, volume, bass enhancer and omni vs bidirectional mic recording (i use KX drivers, i can knda program the DSP of the soundcard and use MIDI signals to change parameters), translating joypad (like my Dualshock3 SIXAXIS inputs into all sorts of keypresses, mouse movements, emulated joystick axis etc, trigger the screensaver after some inactivity time even if the mouse got a bit of spontaneous jitter, and a bunch of other stuff, GlovePIE reach is quite broad (VR gloves, head trackers, MIDI, OSC, WIi controllers, PS* controllers, XBOX controllers, multiple mice and keyboards and much more), and the language is very flexible to syntax variations, seems to accept syntax styles from a bunch of popula languages, i found it quite easy to learn.

Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
The games are coded to work with touches on specific parts of the screen using a virtual joypad. This sort of thing is very hard to emulate using the accelerometer and is very dependent upon the game itself since all of them have different virtual joypads.
So the same goes for keyboard support ? Darn i wish n900 had multitouch...

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Penang/Malaysia
Originally Posted by shnigi View Post
So the same goes for keyboard support ? Darn i wish n900 had multitouch...
Actually i have thought of this before..
Keyboard arrows for moving around
And the touch screen for aiming and shooting