According to Slashgear,
(as written in their review of HTC Pro 7's Wrap Up)

Nokia has told them that they can expect WP device with a keyboard.but they say as it is mythical,you don't know how much to wait for it.
but now wehn it's reality let's see what happens.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Missouri
Its become elop's job to make nokia fail at anything but WP. Read this:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...t-iphone-linux

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Like many have said before me and I completely agree with most parts:
  • That N950 was supposedly the next generation device for the maemo/meego community. There were a few youtube advertisements about it but because Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo was ousted in favour of Stephen Elop and Ari Jaaski left probably because he couldn't stand Elop made N950 and N9 crippled in both ways.
  • That the WP devices will most likely carry Nokia's blessing as it will most likely have all the cool things that maemo/meego devices once have/had on their devices. You can safely bet they will proudly slap a windows logo button like as if its never gone out of fashion. The hint is already within W7/W9 where you can see N9's twin sister is actually powered by mango.
  • maemo was originally a happy little niche community that never earned the right to step up to the plate to verse against Nokia's symbian platform and because it did the community went ecstatic whilst the world mocked Nokia's desperate move in making N900 mainstream. With now Elop in power you won't see the same case of having your own cake eat it anymore because he couldn't learn to appreciate the niche communities that Nokia has once built.

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
n9, n950, android, ios? my phucking ringpiece. N900 in a sexy aluminium case and a non-cheese usb port is pure sex.

The Following User Says Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Ok so I am Oli, the CEO of NOKIA and the year is 2009.
My "best" device is the Nokia N97 and the N900.
The major competitors are the iPhone 3GS, Motorola Droid and the Google Nexus One.

I strategize that the company will split into 3 segments: feature-phones, smartphones and portable computing.
-Firstly my plan would be to terminate S40 and replace it with Symbian^3 (with Belle UX) for feature phones (resistive, ARM11, TFT devices).
-For portable computing this will include tablets ranging from 4 inches (as media players), 7 inches (as pads), and anything higher as slates.
-The smartphone strategy is in the heart of these two developments.

In late 2009, because I have divine powers, I will release the Nokia N8. Within one month all bugs will be crushed and the OVi is going strong. After 8 weeks I roll out an update to N8 to have the Belle interface, along with a revamped application market nicknamed to MaeStore and supports Qt applications.

In early 2010, I will announce the MeeGo foundation, and its role for Nokia.
In Q1 (~April) I will release the Nokia N98, its a very slim Nokia N97 with the N8's guts and software.

I would also buy Palm for $1.5B in April 2010.
Now I have my foot in the American market, and now Apple is under serious litigation from my patent portfolio.

I quickly develop a WebOS device with OMAP3630 that supports WebOS and Qt applications. In early July, I release a 7in (1024x600) tablet for enterprise/developers. This is identical to the tactics of the RIM Playbook.

Later in the year I announce the Nokia N9, a 3.9in slate without front buttons, 800x400 resolution and Harmattan. This device helps me to beat Microsoft to the market, so that I may become the third largest ecosystem, and steals away some sales from the Galaxy S and Apple.

I sue Apple for iPhone 4 patent infringement in Europe and block out their devices (hehe).

During the 2010-2011 year I am developing a new operating system I will call MaeOS, which brings in Maemo 5, Harmattan, and WebOS technologies together. It will be in the centre of the third largest ecosystem. I also convince Amazon and we are partnered (I share Amazon's products, they give me exclusive rights). Also some technologies from Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft.

Now that the growth of Samsung has been hindered (so Android is still second to Apple) and that I've succeeded against Windows Phone, its time to put my long-term strategy in-place.

All S40 is terminated.
A slew of phones replace it, all powered by Symbian Belle, named with one letter and two digits (eg N98).
The tablets get named MaePad, MaePad2, MaeTab, MaeTab (8.9), MaeTab 2, MaeRac (for media players), etc, etc.
Phones are given different names depending on form-factor (flagship 4.0in, 4.5in large, tilt qwerty) (and the cheaper specced 3.2in small, portrait slide qwerty) with a clever number and a nickname for each.

In Q2'11 five MaeOS devices are released (one for each form-factor). Each have an OMAP4430, 1GB RAM, 32GB NAND and lower specced have an OMAP3630, 512MB RAM, 8GB NAND.

The most expensive model is slightly cheaper than the iPhone, so it is also competitive to the consumer. And because of my push with Qt and becoming the third-largest ecosystem (just surpassed RIM) it becomes a development hot-bed.

Nokia pursues opportunities in appliances (car systems, tv systems etc), and adds to the development.

And for the holiday season, I roll out the MaeOS portable computing devices. I also polish up the build, the terms, and the SDK. I open source the Qt-SDK and an emulator for MaeOS (v2.0).

I also announce MaeOS to be licensed which supports the OS, the Intellectual Property (defense from Apple/Microsoft), and the proprietary applications (like the appstore, navigation, amazon books, etc).

I believe had NOKIA played their cards right in this volatile market; Dell, ASUS, Acer, LG, HP, ZTE would adopt MaeOS because of its advantages (faster, newer, less bugs, etc) over Android (or in conjunction with it) especially in regards to patent protection. I think even later, Sony Ericsson would join, possibly even Motorola (doubtful of HTC and Samsung).

Basically, MaeOS will become the new Android, by learning from Google's mistakes, studying the evolution, and jumping in the market with right device at the right time.

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-10-22 at 22:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Why didnt they remake the N810? Its annoying with these companies that wont stick to one design, even all the customers who bought told them it was good. Maybe its because like others have already said, "nokia dont care about its customers".

The Following User Says Thank You to FRZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
They just abandoned the N9 before it's release and you hope they will remake the N900 . Sorry , but your hope will die with you . Nokia already took a piss on Maemo and Meego and embraced Microsoft .
Its possible that Nokia is being run by Bi-polar heads because this attitude that they have, abandoning every product after release is the reason they have lost so much market share in recent years. Oh well, theres always samsung and htc. galaxy note anyone?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
Why didnt they remake the N810? Its annoying with these companies that wont stick to one design, even all the customers who bought told them it was good. Maybe its because like others have already said, "nokia dont care about its customers".
I know the N900 isn't exactly like the N810, but the way i see it, the N900 is closer to the N810 than anything released afterwards is to the N900.

The question should be "Why did they hire a guy that used to be brainwashed... er belong to...er.. uhm... 'work for' Microsoft?"

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
The question should be "Why did they hire a guy that used to be brainwashed... er belong to...er.. uhm... 'work for' Microsoft?"
Because if they did not hire him it would be obvious he is still on Microsofts payrol

Jan 2011 Nokia N900x with 1GB RAM, with according OMAP upgrade,fast MMC.
Just don't touch anything else... don't.