Notices

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
is the current extras-devel version working ok with nothing more but installation via app manager or we have to do some extra things to get it going?
love civ games, thanks for this port

hmmm
seem to be gone from repositories?

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Hey

This is my first post on Maemo.org. I made the mistake of installing this app a little early and like many of you i am unable to install the broken app. Since then I have only being installing apps from the testing rep. Anyway... My efforts to uninstall this app have been unsuccessful. I have enabled root access and tried to install bash via the terminal ( apt-get install bash ), but this failed, a number of possible reasons listed. The working method seems to be to change bash to sh, however i dont understand what this means nor how to do it. I'm not an experienced linux user but i'm fine with copying commands into the terminal. I dont want to do anything where there is a risk of further damage. Please could somone spare some time to provide a step by step guide to uninstall this broken app using the bash->sh method. Many thanks & Cheers...
Try this:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install bash
then uninstall freeciv from app manager.

Ooops. Thought it was a new post.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Last edited by mece; 2010-01-19 at 11:06. Reason: OOps

Hey i've installed FreeCiv, it loads up and i get the menu, however when i click start new game the menu disapears and nothing happens? Any Ideas?

still not in of the extra/testing/devel repositories? gone for days now, any idea if it coming back?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
It may have been removed when it broke the repo, but i thought that was an older version.

ldrn: did this old port prove to be too much of a broken PITA?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
It should have been an older version that was removed -- according to the package manager, it should be there, but of course isn't. I'm trying to figure out why.

I thought it was going rather well, actually. It could be something to do with the new update.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
The UQM version in -devel mysteriously disappeared in the same way, but it had a missing dependency. Maybe some automated cleanup process is the culprit.

Bump up the version number and include any changes and reupload i guess. Worked for uqm...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Great advice -- I did it, and Freeciv should be back in devel now.

PR1.1 changed how SDL apps work, though... it turns out there's a minor graphical glitch in the in-program task switch button when it's actually used. I'll need to fix that before I promote it to Testing again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
its back thanks

Tags
freeciv sdl, games, new port