Notices

Just tested this and it's a great looking app

Any chance of getting cover art through cover.jpg files in the same folder as the music file? It's a quasi-standard and is useful for obscure music which can't be found online (not to mention it's a lot faster than online lookups).

The Following User Says Thank You to zombiepig For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
So the deal with lyrics is that there are legal issues (which I think is just more evidence that lawyers should be made illegal). We probably won't be able to offer it as a free feature since we'll have to pay the rights owners At the moment, we're trying to deliver as much free functionality as we can so it's on the list but not at the top.
LyricWiki is licensed now, so you should be ok to use lyrics from that site. Musicbrainz has started linking across to it, since they're happy with the legality of it:
http://blog.musicbrainz.org/?p=458

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zombiepig For This Useful Post:
Be nice to have a lyrics scroller, if it can be implemented.

But, another idea hit me on the head the other day.
With standard CD players it's possible to play a selection of tracks without creating playlists. ie Press the "Program" button -> select a number of tracks -> hit play. As the tracks are played they are dropped from the list (unless you select replay for any particular track).

Playlists are OK, but they're permanent until you spend time editing, adding and removing tracks, which is a bit time consuming in most cases.

Just a thought..... only a thought.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Is there a list or blog with the current features being worked on?

Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
I know the CPU usage is horrible the first minute or two post-start. There's a fairly deep architectural flaw that's at the root of this and we're working hard to fix. It'll probably take another week or two . The solution, however, will enable us to not only be way faster and consume less memory but also enable a new feature we're really excited about we're internally dubbing "everyware" -- I've already said too much

PS: MAFW integration is high on the list.
Hey Peter, just want to thank you for taking the time to not only work on this speedily for us but to respond to our every question and suggestion. I check the thread almost twice daily to see if you've already posted an updated version to your last. I am very excited about this player you see, and i want to encourage you to keep doing what you're doing. It's people like you who make having an N900 a much better phone than the version Nokia released....and the same goes to your team as well. If ever you, at some point feel like it's not worth the trouble, esp. when some insensitive ppl come on making demands and post non-constructive criticism, just remember that you have an N900 too and you need this app as much as anyone else does.

Thanks again

The Following User Says Thank You to V65N900 For This Useful Post:
^ I couldn't have said it better. Keep up the good work Peter

The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh Prince of Nowhere For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Be nice to have a lyrics scroller, if it can be implemented.

But, another idea hit me on the head the other day.
With standard CD players it's possible to play a selection of tracks without creating playlists. ie Press the "Program" button -> select a number of tracks -> hit play. As the tracks are played they are dropped from the list (unless you select replay for any particular track).

Playlists are OK, but they're permanent until you spend time editing, adding and removing tracks, which is a bit time consuming in most cases.

Just a thought..... only a thought.
Queuing It's been on the list for some time -- we have the back end totally done, we're still working on the UI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Is there a list or blog with the current features being worked on?
Not a public one (yet). Here's a screen cap of page one in mantis (our issue tracker).

PS: Totally agree with the implication we should have one

Last edited by peter@instinctiv.com; 2010-08-13 at 00:44.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by V65N900 View Post
Hey Peter, just want to thank you for taking the time to not only work on this speedily for us but to respond to our every question and suggestion. I check the thread almost twice daily to see if you've already posted an updated version to your last. I am very excited about this player you see, and i want to encourage you to keep doing what you're doing. It's people like you who make having an N900 a much better phone than the version Nokia released....and the same goes to your team as well. If ever you, at some point feel like it's not worth the trouble, esp. when some insensitive ppl come on making demands and post non-constructive criticism, just remember that you have an N900 too and you need this app as much as anyone else does.

Thanks again
Hey, thanks so much for the encouragement -- it's really motivating A quick note on our progress: Mihail, who is in charge of the front end, is on vacation next week. I'll be working like crazy over the next 7-10 days on getting cpu/memory consumption down and overall responsiveness up. Hopefully, by the time he comes back I'll have a new back end for him. In other words, it'll be a little quiet on our end for a bit but that's just the clam before the storm .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Hi there.

First of all i would like to thank to peter and it's team for such a nice app. I'm really happy with it, even in it current stage, specially the identify feature and the album cover fetcher.

In second, i just want to tell (and i didnīt noticed if somebody told this already) that if you want to use this app in landscape, just it the "shift+ctrl+r" combination and it will rotate to landscape mode, and to revert to portrait just it the combo again. In landscape mode i didnt like how the album cover is so small :\ .

Just my 2 cents and thanks again for this app. I'm willing to pay for a polished version

(sorry for my bad english)

The Following User Says Thank You to SSLMM For This Useful Post: