Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The out of the box experience for the Nokia N900 downright sucks in comparison to any other phone other there that claims to be a smartphone. I have to apply even more research to the OS than I did for purchasing the damn thing, it doesn't even send images via MMS out of the box, it cannot open up and edit MS Office files out of the box, it will never get an update to Flash Player 10.1 out of the box. I have to add repositories, I have to open up the terminal, I have to login to a community like this, I have to install many other libraries, applications and workarounds just to get to a comfortable place to use the damn thing, then I have to buy yet another battery, a desktop charger, shave down the barbs on the microUSB charger and submit myself to constant questions of "Did you do your research?" ... if I were a n00b, that is. I've been here longer than most folks, and yet I've seen that thrown around constantly... that's a downright uninviting way to ask for a way to help anybody. Anyway, out of the box plain sucks. The fact that the platform has many ways to rectify that though, is great.
Well, you can make a call out of the box when inserted your simcard, try to compare out of the box experience with iphone..

For iphone you need to buy a computer and an internet connection and then maybe you can make some call.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Well, you can make a call out of the box when inserted your simcard, try to compare out of the box experience with iphone..

For iphone you need to buy a computer and an internet connection and then maybe you can make some call.
Matters which era you're talking about. First gen iPhone, iPhone 3G were activated in the store. Your out of the box experience was a phone call out of the door in the US.

If you mean the 3GS and iPhone 4, then yes... you are 100% correct.

My experience was the ability to make a phone call before I walked out of the store for the first two iPhones. My iPhone 3GS came to the office, I slapped in a SIM, activated in 1 minute, made a phone call.

But I get what you're going for.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by dave4bren View Post
I found this link
http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry...with-Dual-boot
Sorry, but I know that. I have seen the post. When I said "who is he" I meant, how did he get this information. Does he have a connection to nokia. Has he got this information officially or is he just winding people up. This is what I meant by "does anyone know who he is?"

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-01-10 at 01:56.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Are the tags on threads like these really necessary?

The Following User Says Thank You to 5spdvl For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
Are the tags on threads like these really necessary?
The puerile will play, it seems.

I have a strong feeling all this talk is to just promote an obscure site youmobile.org, To say the magical word 'PR update' to Maemo users is just to bring them in flocks to the site.. This is a hoax for sure..

Abiraj you have started already more than enough threads for the same topic...

Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
no update yet of this exciting news.

If you talk about nokia you talk about updates. If you run an iphone site you talk about verizon. It's the way the business runs...

Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
I agree with an earlier post, it they fix 2 small bugs why bother releasing anything?
Because that is what a firmware update is. Not to be confused with a operating system upgrade, which is something else completely.

"If they only fix bugs, why bother releasing a bugfix?!?"
Cheeses.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The puerile will play, it seems.
The terrain is suitable for puerrilla warfare.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Don't believe it will happen. 1.4 is a myth. (Though I do think the N900 still needs massive update support from Nokia that could easily make a PR 1.4 update)

And given the more substantial rumours that Meego isn't going onto the N900 I can't see why a 1.4 would entertain such a notion to be honest. They would be making a rod for their backs, allowing one but not supporting it? Seems odd to say the least.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

Tags
factfromfiction, fukking fanboys, i wish, just shoot me, meego vs pr 1.4, penis face, ya rite