Notices

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
It's got nothing to do with people pirating Rovio's software and is outside the scope of this thread at this point. This thread is about enforcing existing rules on t.m.o. Games, not policing what goes into the repos.
I don't want to stop them distributing roms. That's just their problem and i don't care if they do or not. I want to stop you from banning people for asking for things that maemo.org is actually doing itself.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I know, mentioning the proprietary stuff in the repos was just a crutch for your agenda as i mentioned in the thread about it. See, the difference in our positions here is that i'm seeking to uphold established policies (because, well, that's what a moderator does) and you're using one violation to try to excuse another because you don't like the policies or my approach.

Your opinion is noted. Please avoid hyperbole in describing what's actually going on here, though. It doesn't make you more persuasive.

_________

With a formalized infraction system on its way that covers specifically piracy, this thread is no longer needed. Unsticking.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-06-22 at 08:32. Reason: Obsoleted by Infractions

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:

Tags
do you feel lucky?, the most dangerous game