Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Android is just an Ad platform like google maps or mail.
BANG ON!!
And thats why I prefer to stay away from Android as much as possible.

(off-topic?) Google has been recently testing with picture ads in their gmail service. Fast forward to the future, the same will happen to android running phones (or personal ad boxes?).

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by Medic7051 View Post
I feel quite the opposite. I am posting this from my galaxy tab, and honestly I feel like the os should be switched. I would love to have Maemo on my tablet as I feel it is capable of more. Android is ok, but I am very much not impressed, and I would not have it on my next phone. I am not ready to give up my N900 without a better replacement.
I feel the same way. I've had my Nook Color rooted for well over a month now and I'm more frustrated by it's limitations than impressed. It's a step backwards from Maemo, Symbian^3 or jailbroken iOS for my personal needs.

I do think Qt on Android is important though because Android is not going away. More developers are targeting Android and iOS than Symbian^3 and Maemo/MeeGo currently. That fact won't change soon either. A developer would be smart to use Qt since it would allow his/her apps to target a wider rage of operation systems without rewriting the entire codebase. Qt's success will ensure MeeGo's success.

Last edited by maluka; 2011-01-31 at 04:12.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
BANG ON!!
And thats why I prefer to stay away from Android as much as possible.

(off-topic?) Google has been recently testing with picture ads in their gmail service. Fast forward to the future, the same will happen to android running phones (or personal ad boxes?).
Block ads on your Android phone

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=664532

I also don't see ANY ads on my Gmail at all.

Last edited by H3llb0und; 2011-01-31 at 04:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
It would be great if you could get Marko Ahtisaari's Le Web speech in here somewhere, and his comment 'bout MeeGo betting on differences between the competition. You can't bet on differences if you change to the same system everyone else uses.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

there will be no move away from MeeGo/QT - what i fear is that Nokia will do something extremely stupid and move to Intel's Atom x86 platform.

this could give us Wine and windows stuff on or handsets. for me it would be great.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
There is no market to enter, there is nothing to attack. The only way in, is to go to bed with some operator.
What about a Nokia commercial or two on television...remind people what Nokia is

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
What about a Nokia commercial or two on television...remind people what Nokia is
I am sure Elop and Company have a plan for just that, but first Nokia phones have to be made available to the public with the same subsidies as other brands. The only way to do that is for Nokia to go to bed with someone, an operator or two and maybe HP/MS/Google who knows.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
Nokia N8 in Tron..

http://www.youtube.com/rogershdphones

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Nokia N8 in Tron..

http://www.youtube.com/rogershdphones
Yes, that was pretty cool lol.

Tags
not falling, the sky is, world-peace