Notices

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
So, from the link it looks like 0.6.95-35maemo1+0m5 is the version for tracker. But how to find out if CSSU has already updated it to the latest? If not, may be we can request the CSSU team to include the latest version of tracker in the CSSU?
This is the list of packages updated as part of CSSU, tracker isn't one of them

http://gitorious.org/community-ssu

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
To follow up, i finally removed all but the two camera (DCIM) folders from my watch folders list to solve the problem of tracker indexing folders i don't want it to. It seems that either having the root of a child folder in the watch folders root list overrides the do not watch list, or the do not watch list is not recursive.
You might want to use my patched Tracker, because the realignore.patch that I made tries to fix that weird behavior

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Just out of curiosity, so is it like not possible to use the latest tracker version directly over the PR1.3 or the reasons something else (compatibility, breaking, etc)?

If it is possible to update to the latest, then may be we can request CSSU team to include the latest tracker version in their future updates.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
AFAIK there are big API changes between tracker
0.6 and the recent version.
The whole 0.6 API is deprecated. The query language
used in the 0.6 was RDF and the 0.10 uses
sparql. So the chances that upgrading to a new
tracker version don't break anytihng and
or makes the performance better is very small.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
You might want to use my patched Tracker, because the realignore.patch that I made tries to fix that weird behavior
Thanks for that.

It sort of works like i want it to now with the changes but it's good to know that it really does behave in an unexpected way by default. Is your patched version going to end up in CSSU?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
It sort of works like i want it to now with the changes but it's good to know that it really does behave in an unexpected way by default. Is your patched version going to end up in CSSU?
That is my plan. Well, that, or get the latest Harmattan 0.6.x series, which fixed two of the bugs that have been workaround on my patched version.

Unfortunately I am yet to get a proper schedule allocation to start contributing full time to the CSSU though, so if you think my patches are stable enough and want to push them to the CSSU, feel free .

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Nice, I just installed it!

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
I had problems with the tracker hogging the CPU, so I used tracker-cfg to disable everything I could see. I'm assuming this has disabled the tracker entirely, as I no longer get insane CPU activity after poweron or filesystem operations.
Question: is there anything inherently bad in doing this? I don't care about thumbnails and I'm not using the stock mediaplayer (Someplayer has its own indexing system, I think).

The Following User Says Thank You to Fallingwater For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Bump. I wanted to ask the same question as Fallingwater - except I would go even further and uninstall tracker altogether. Can anyone foresee any harm in doing either?

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
That is my plan. Well, that, or get the latest Harmattan 0.6.x series, which fixed two of the bugs that have been workaround on my patched version.

Unfortunately I am yet to get a proper schedule allocation to start contributing full time to the CSSU though, so if you think my patches are stable enough and want to push them to the CSSU, feel free .
Did tracker.cfg actually get updated?
Was this "patched" version stable enough to put it CSSU?
I know there was a mention of tracker doing odd things recently.

Currently can't get may device to watch the memory card properly.
It updated this morning after I added new music but just ripped another CD and it's not added the new tracks.

I'll try and force it to rebuild later.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.