Is there any problem if i have Nitdroid and i unistall Inception to install Coderus Aegis?.
And one more thing how can i reinstall stock aegis-install?
Thanks a lot!

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
If you have nitdroid, that mean you have open mode and basically you do not need inception or patched aegis-install.
But You can install it to use installation more convenient. Use tweak EE-1 if you have inception installed, it will install all needed files and uninstall inception. If you don't have inception, use EE-2.
To restore original aegis-install, just run this command as root:
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall aegis-install

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Thank you! This is because i tried to get the last T-3 but i didn't install it well and i had to get the previous one again. Now i will install T-3 with open mode, i'll see what happens!

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Córdoba, Argentina
Hello Schturman, while ago i read a discussion about the change for the operator name, in that post i believe that the tweak work for users with inception. I know that this tweak can work or not (in my case it don't) but my question: Is possible that is aegis who is rejecting that change? If is aegis maby with the Coderus aegis install can work?
Greatings and im sorry for my English

fermolnar, N9QT not use inception anymore (few versions), it use Coderus aegis-install and opensudo. Specify for this tweak it use now opensudo instead ariadne (from inception). For me it work like it worked before with ariadne.
It's not related to aegis, it's related to operator somehow. I'm not remember all details, you can find it in this thread...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
hey schturman i recently flashed my phone and i used tweak x to backup my apps and whenever i try to download my backed up apps it freezes as soon as it gets up to FasterN9
what should i do ??

Last edited by EgyptRocks265; 2013-09-09 at 05:26.

Freezing its function of fasterN9 app (its normal), also it have auto-reboot at the end. Thus is a reason that it not suggested to install it with wall other apps. Just install it separately at the end

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
There is an issue with installing N9QT when MyDocs is on an ext4 filesystem. In that scenario root can not create/delete files and directories under ~user/MyDocs because standard root credentials won't allow it.

The fix is trivial... simply use `aegis-exec -u user <shell-command>' throughout your deb control scripts (preinst postinst etc). I haven't checked the tweak scripts, but you should probably audit them for the same thing as well.

Thanks very much for the awesome work you have put into these tweaks and scripts.

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by SteveYoungs View Post
There is an issue with installing N9QT when MyDocs is on an ext4 filesystem. In that scenario root can not create/delete files and directories under ~user/MyDocs because standard root credentials won't allow it.

The fix is trivial... simply use `aegis-exec -u user <shell-command>' throughout your deb control scripts (preinst postinst etc). I haven't checked the tweak scripts, but you should probably audit them for the same thing as well.

Thanks very much for the awesome work you have put into these tweaks and scripts.
Try this...

Code:
chown -R user:users /home/user/MyDocs

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Try this...

Code:
chown -R user:users /home/user/MyDocs
Erm, no. That would not let root have access to MyDocs, besides, that directory already has that ownership. The correct thing to do is to execute those shell commands as user. It is probably just a fluke that it works when MyDocs is vfat.

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh