Notices

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by shaolin242 View Post
Brilliant got it to work - put it at 1min x 100KB data just as a test....thanks for that - i just didnt understand the "Minimum Traffic allowed' instructions, all good now!
Think "the other way": you define a value of traffic volume and if the mean volume for the given timespan is below that value, the connection is considered unused and gets closed. Therefore a higher value means that the connection might get closed even if there still are apps transferring data and a very low value means it probably never gets closed. It depends on the the apps/widgets you have usually running which value is the best.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
A suggestion: would it be possible adding a kind of status bar entry which shows the actual status of AutoDisconnect as well as the mean traffic of the last few minutes (i.e. the timespan defined in the settings)?

The data is already there (within the app) and showing it to the user directly without him having to look at the logfile uld make it a bit more comfortable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Hey folks,

i recently installed auto-disconnect, and im wondering which configuration-options i have to activate to make fetching mails automaticly (imap) work again after a disconnect by auto-disconnect. Atm, im using 'Connect automatically to any network', and 'never scan'. I configured the Mail programm to fetch my mails every 30 minutes but this does not seem to work.
any suggestions?

regards,
nebel

//edit:

Maemo 10.2010.19-1,
AutoDisconnect 0.4-2

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by nebel View Post
Hey folks,

i recently installed auto-disconnect, and im wondering which configuration-options i have to activate to make fetching mails automaticly (imap) work again after a disconnect by auto-disconnect. Atm, im using 'Connect automatically to any network', and 'never scan'. I configured the Mail programm to fetch my mails every 30 minutes but this does not seem to work.
any suggestions?

regards,
nebel

//edit:

Maemo 10.2010.19-1,
AutoDisconnect 0.4-2
Hi.

This problem is explained in the FAQ, ie the first post of this thread.

Another solution would be to use "Connect automatically to any network" and "Scan every 30mins" for example.

Cheers

Great news, AutoDisconnect 0.4-2 is now in testing. Please vote :

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...connect/0.4-2/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
A suggestion: would it be possible adding a kind of status bar entry which shows the actual status of AutoDisconnect as well as the mean traffic of the last few minutes (i.e. the timespan defined in the settings)?

The data is already there (within the app) and showing it to the user directly without him having to look at the logfile uld make it a bit more comfortable.
Good idea.

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Hi.

Another solution would be to use "Connect automatically to any network" and "Scan every 30mins" for example.

Cheers
Hmm ok I want my widgets to automatically update in conjunction with auto disconnect. If I set it to connect automatically to my gprs connection with a 60 minute search interval, and I go into an area with no gprs coverage it will NOT connect to any other AP correct? I want to make sure it isn't connecting to any public AP for security reasons, don't want my logins for fb etc going through some random AP.

Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
Hmm ok I want my widgets to automatically update in conjunction with auto disconnect. If I set it to connect automatically to my gprs connection with a 60 minute search interval, and I go into an area with no gprs coverage it will NOT connect to any other AP correct? I want to make sure it isn't connecting to any public AP for security reasons, don't want my logins for fb etc going through some random AP.
Absolutely.

Edit : I have edited the FAQ.

Last edited by calvin_42; 2010-06-02 at 16:24.

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Hi.

Cheers
Am i right that one of this options should be enough? Or is both needed? Sorry my english is not so good.

The

Code:
#!/bin/sh

dbus-send --print-reply --type=method_call --session --dest=com.nokia.asdbus /com/nokia/asdbus com.nokia.asdbus.sync
Is just fetching my mails if im allready connected, it will not connect to a network .

Am i right that one of this options should be enough? Or is both needed? Sorry my english is not so good.
In Settings > Internet Connections, Use "Connect automatically" to any network or a specified connection and set the "Search Interval" to some value.

That's a whole option.

Is just fetching my mails if im allready connected, it will not connect to a network .
Strange it should connect to a network. It's exactly the same as clicking on the MFE "Synchronize manually" button.