Notices

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
i got the same bug i installed the updated, never enable 2g/3g switching and it switches automaticly..

could it be because i have 2g.3g switcher installed?

Last edited by amorek13; 2010-06-13 at 23:15.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
i got the same bug i installed the updated, never enable 2g/3g switching and it switches automaticly..

could it be because i have 2g.3g switcher installed?
No it's a bug in the v0.4.5! I am currently working on the fix. It should be in extra-devel really soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Even if you set an higher value for the duration switch, like 8 seconds?
yah, tried all values

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
yah, tried all values
So configure the switch to Dual Mode in AutoDisconnect and then run in terminal :

Code:
gconftool-2 --set /apps/autodisconnect/param_idle_network_mode_duration --type int 15
Does the connection work ? It should take 15 seconds.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Granada, Spain
I had a thought for another feature...

How about a setting where you can decide a minimum battery level, and once your charge drops below that, AutoDisconnect drops all connections regardless of traffic and puts you in 2g mode to try and save that last bit of power for an emergency phone call or something? Obviously, if you set this figure to 0%, the feature would effectively be disabled...

Thoughts?

v0.4.6 - 06-14-10
  • Fix [#5923] Cannot disable the auto-switch 2G/3G
  • Enhancement : Add a link to the Wiki

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
So configure the switch to Dual Mode in AutoDisconnect and then run in terminal :

Code:
gconftool-2 --set /apps/autodisconnect/param_idle_network_mode_duration --type int 15
Does the connection work ? It should take 15 seconds.
With this settings it's working.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Has you can add two more feature?

1. Under the menu "Network General" -> "Do not close connections when the following servics is running", there are currently selecting VoIP, IM accounts, OpenVPN and SSH.

Would it be possible there for certain days of the week, at certain times AutoDisconnect to disable as well? I imagined that there activate only a day or days (eg Saturday) and then also the period, either all day or from 15:30 to 18:00.

2. As for the firmware 1.2 does not automatically can connect to the Internet, I would appreciate it if this feature would be incorporated in AutoDisconnect. A kind Auto Connect. You have the option between various intervals, which are not under Settings -> Internet connection to choose from. For example 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours.

What do you think?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Cornwall, UK
Loving the app. However, I noticed since the last couple of updates when notification appears it says Autodisconnect is now checking WLAN_IRFAN rather than giving the name of the wifi network to which it is connected as, iirc, it used to do.

Any ideas?

Yeah updated it and noticed that wlan_irfan as well lol