Hello everyone. I'm new and this is my first post. I live in the US and just recieved my new Nokia N9 Black 64GB varient 059L3V7. I noticed that it was a starhub phone after doing some research

Anyhow, I would like to flash my N9 to PR1.2. I've downloaded navifirm and everything else needed for flashing. My current version is PR1.1 (20.2011.40-4.262.2_PR_262. Can I just click on release 30.2012.7.1 and pick any variant to download PR1.2?

I dont want the starhub log on my phone at start up and really want the latest PR1.2. Please help me!!!

Pretty much, though I'd suggest using the images for 059H2M6 [RM-696 NDT 64GB ROW BLACK], which are the most generic and don't include maps you won't be needing.

If you need any help flashing your phone, hopefully my instructions will be of assistance. Also, once you've flashed the phone, make sure to install ad-hac so you can use the Wi-Fi hotspot feature.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
I don't exactly know if one can do that but it's better you don't. When you take the SIM holder out there is a code there like 059J233 etc and Navifirm has firmware listed for each code for each country and by now I guess it has for all the variants. If you have bought in US itself then you can look within US list & then this kinda code and the file will be the one with PR_LEGACY in it.

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Pretty much, though I'd suggest using the images for 059H2M6 [RM-696 NDT 64GB ROW BLACK], which are the most generic and don't include maps you won't be needing.

If you need any help flashing your phone, hopefully my instructions will be of assistance. Also, once you've flashed the phone, make sure to install ad-hac so you can use the Wi-Fi hotspot feature.
Thanks for your help! I will give that variant a try, hopefully my phone will function afterwords. Once I flash, will that rid me of the starhub logo?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
There is no US list - the N9 wasn't officially released here.

You can flash firmware from other areas - thus removing the branding on the lock screen and perhaps a couple of other carrier specific applications.

You need to more than likely flash the EMMC alongside the standard firmware. I would say that it would be to your advantage to search for "flashing firmware" and look for other success stories.

I had flashed my Australian sourced 16gb N9 with the Northern European firmware - this is basically the "standard" firmware - and didn't have any issues. I flashed back to Australian firmware, did the OTA PR1.2 update, still no problems.

Well... heck. I didn't see the other posts before I responded. Good advice above!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help. I now have the northern europe version of PR1.2! Thanks again

""""though I'd suggest using the images for 059H2M6 [RM-696 NDT 64GB ROW BLACK], which are the most generic and don't include maps you won't be needing."""

do that image (059H2M6) include chinese language input? skype, joikuspot, etc?