Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
I see, well look at http://thenokiablog.com/2010/05/25/h...900-maemo-1-2/

1. flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin -f

2. flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

So they wrote it wrong?

Is there much difference between the US and Global versions?

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by nermaljcat View Post
Is there much difference between the US and Global versions?
No idea, but the global releases seems to be supporting all languages (Including English). It installed fine and detected automatically my phone language (German).

The Following User Says Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by slender View Post
The point here is that I hereby admit that actually I really do not know much. I can speculate and guess, but to say something as fact here I would need some links/sources/documentation to back my facts.

And still I do not care that you have seen schematics. Probably nokian's have testbed where they can do whatever they want to this device. So what? Right now it seems that modem fw is not reversible with given tools. You can always of course argue that any encryption is breakable with right tools and enough resources but thatīs just academic jerk offing.Saying that itīs a fact that you canīt brick your N900 sounds just bit off. For example I have been on forums where people have bricked their cd-rom drives, GPU's, motherboards just by applying wrong FW. YES itīs possible to reverse it but not by themselves so basically they have killed their device and only way to resurrect it is to send back to vendor.

And btw. as you know this is my second language and at least I know how to put paragraphs. And please try to think even then when you thought that you do not have to think.
Slender i just do not understand what your really trying to say here and by the way i have been out all day but my pc has been online that's the reason i have not replied till now.
Ok i apologise for English not being fluent for you but you must try to understand something here and that is when i make a comment or a fact about the N900 i don't need to look for example posts to prove anything i have said simply because of my experience in the past with troubleshooting known and unknown hardware and software design faults being the main part of my work.
I will in fact start a thread regarding the issue's of "bricking" the N900 so everyone can in fact have an input and i can do this with expertise due to my background then i will tell you the thread name.
Your understanding is not full because you are obviously not an engineer and i took for granted that maybe you were and that's the reason you don't understand me in full.
You going off on a different road altogether here and it does not apply to the N900 the facts you are talking about.
N900 is not a cd rom drive and we are not talking about encrypted fw here as it is in fact open source linux.
I will start the thread and get back to you.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Your understanding is not full because you are obviously not an engineer and i took for granted that maybe you were and that's the reason you don't understand me in full.
You going off on a different road altogether here and it does not apply to the N900 the facts you are talking about.
N900 is not a cd rom drive and we are not talking about encrypted fw here as it is in fact open source linux.
I will start the thread and get back to you.
Actually in a matter of speaking I am :| M.Sc.
And I thought quite contrary about your statements. I tried to find scientific way of looking things and not to jump conclusions about "facts". And why you are talking about encryption? Ainīt just some parts of FW updates closed binaries and flasher program flashes some parts only if itīs older (like gsm modem fw). And more importantly what I said were NOT facts as you are referring they were just observations how other devices work when we are speaking about fw-updates. (Btw. because of what you have said here (or way how you have said it) it also means that itīs "fact" impossible to hack official image file or flasher so that it bricks your device to condition that user is not able to fix it. So if this is the truth then you actually might be right)

But itīs nice that you are planning to make wiki/thread about this issue and that is probably the most appropriate way to use our energy here in maemo-world.

Last edited by slender; 2010-05-27 at 14:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
OK i have started the thread let's see what happens and once again i apologise if i was hard on you as i think it was a simple case of misunderstanding each other
Thread is...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...047#post683047

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Actually in a matter of speaking I am :| M.Sc.
And I thought quite contrary about your statements. I tried to find scientific way of looking things and not to jump conclusions about "facts". And why you are talking about encryption? Ainīt just some parts of FW updates closed binaries and flasher program flashes some parts only if itīs older (like gsm modem fw). And more importantly what I said were NOT facts as you are referring they were just observations how other devices work when we are speaking about fw-updates. (Btw. because of what you have said here (or way how you have said it) it also means that itīs "fact" impossible to hack official image file or flasher so that it bricks your device to condition that user is not able to fix it. So if this is the truth then you actually might be right)

But itīs nice that you are planning to make wiki/thread about this issue and that is probably the most appropriate way to use our energy here in maemo-world.
Yes your right about the closed driver issue but even if they are not available openly still does not mean it possible to "brick" permanently the N900, anyhow see what the thread brings and i am sure you (and me lol) will read.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
You guys should take this BS - Pissing contest offline. You're not impressing anyone here.