Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Nice too see you work on this gidzzz
I havenīt really tried it earlier.
I guess itīs a work in progress but I have to ask one thing regarding car view.When I swipe left I can see the listed songs from a specific album. Am I supposed to be able to tap on any song in the list to get it to play? Now when scrolled and I tap on a song in the list only the song in the top is played.
It would be nice if it was possible.

Anyway, nice work MAG and gidzzz
It seems snappier then stock i must say

Last edited by datjomp; 2011-09-22 at 00:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to datjomp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Does stock player do that? Unless I overlooked something, MAFW doesn't support fetching such metadata and things get a bit complicated. It would have to be extracted manually and slow things down. Although one album might have not enough songs to make it noticable.
Default player supports listing of tracks in right order acording to track number. But for different CDs not. So for example lifehous - deluxe edition has 2 CD's. MFAW sorts it like

Example: (cd 2 has only 2 tracks)
track 1 (cd1)
track 1 (cd 2)
track 2 (cd 1)
track 2 (cd 2)
track 3
track 4

Hope this nakes it clear =)
One question, can I use OMP next to the default player?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
hey.. firstly thanks to all of u 4 an excellent work...really a nice replacement of stock media player...
but it would be even better if it had an equalizer... and the sharing and delete button donot work... but a nice work indeed...thanks

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
All I have to say is WOW! Last update made it really useful. A 200+ playlist in previous version loaded for minutes, now it snaps in just seconds! Finally I can forget about stock MP

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
One question, can I use OMP next to the default player?
If they're running at the same time, the worst thing I can think of is that one of the players could fail to notice a change made by the other one and some view not being refreshed.

Originally Posted by knobby View Post
the sharing and delete button donot work...
Last time I checked, sharing was working. I'm not sure about deleting, though -- I still haven't shown it much love. I know there's a bug with list not updating after deleting a song, but the file is really deleted. From which view do you try to share?

Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
Am I supposed to be able to tap on any song in the list to get it to play?
Yes, but I forgot about something. Try the attached version.
Attached Files
File Type: gz omp_20110922.tar.gz (329.3 KB, 150 views)

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
share and delete button in video mode do not work..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have a little request,
could it be possible to hide the album art in the now playing window?
In portrait, I would like to see as many songs as possible, when I'm scrolling through them.

btw. for the newest version, can we still use the script in the first post or should we download gidzzz's attachment?

Thanks anyway,
AhBarnasha

Last edited by ahbarnasha; 2011-09-22 at 09:45. Reason: added another question

and yeah one more thing...volume button in portait mode is absent...but whats new in latest attatchment..???

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
After running the script with --desktop-file ption, i cannot find the icon, wheather it be "menu" or "adding to the desktop menu"
EDIT:
NEVERMIND, icon did appear after second installation.

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-09-22 at 10:58.

Originally Posted by ahbarnasha View Post
I have a little request,
could it be possible to hide the album art in the now playing window?
In portrait, I would like to see as many songs as possible, when I'm scrolling through them.

btw. for the newest version, can we still use the script in the first post or should we download gidzzz's attachment?
I'm still not sure how, but I want to increase area for the playlist. For now, I like the idea of toggling between large and tiny cover art the most. MAG does not provide builds from my git, install from the attachment.

Originally Posted by knobby View Post
and yeah one more thing...volume button in portait mode is absent...but whats new in latest attatchment..???
I think that's on purpose, it gives more space to all the other buttons. The only update is a fix for selecting songs from car and entertainment view.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse