Notices

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
the best way is always to check first page to find out the last version and changelog

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Uploading the new UI demo clip to youtube, its 10min in length and 1GB in size. Probably end by morning

On the bright side, I expect to see a lot of comments and new ideas about it in the coming week
And this time I will publish it on all possible channels (G+, Twitter, here), so no one that is tracking my movements will be able to miss it :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Prenesting: "The New @Waze" (*** Qt port) demo - best viewed on a desktop - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWdzt7XENQ0

1) Please comment here if you have any new UI concept that you think should be integrated
2) All of the shown data is hardcoded in the code - don't expect it to do anything other than let you experience some of the UI
3) This UI has the following known issues:
3.a) New Report UI looks bad in portrait
3.b) In the settings, if the first item is not selected in the options menu, you will have to scroll up to see all of the options
4) Nokia N9/N950 only - N900 is not supported at the moment
5) Icons are not final and some icons are missing
6) You can install it next to an existing Waze Qt release - it is not the same package name so it will not remove the existing install

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
If u'd like to play with the UI a bit, there's a deb for that: http://code.google.com/p/waze-qt/dow....0.1_armel.deb

Please read the notes from the prev reply before trying.

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thank you very much !
Cool ! Like it !!! Tried it ! Can't wait for real version

Some advices:
1) This bottom black line should be auto-hide
2) Big like for Grid mod - but the names under icons should be with a little bigger font and maybe other color for more contrast

Thank you for your work.
(P.S. donated today.)

Last edited by Schturman; 2012-06-01 at 21:49.

I've installed the package to play with the new UI, and the first think that could be an improvement is the ability to swype between the pages when using the gridmode in the menus.

Another thing that I saw was that in portrait mode when you go to the alert menu and choose the hazard/traffic/Accident/camera options the camera and the different options gets one upper the other.

And also even when you open one of the options there should be a title saying what you're trying to report.

And when you activate the gridmode there's no way to go back ( i think this is only temporally, right?)

But I have to say, is looking really amazing, thanks a bunch for this and the other port, this makes me really comfortable that I pick up the correct phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to djcrash1981 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by djcrash1981 View Post
the first think that could be an improvement is the ability to swype between the pages when using the gridmode in the menus.
you can scrolling... up-down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
you can scrolling... up-down.
True on that, but which is the trademark of this phone? The abilty of use the swype gesture to change between emails, songs, etc, that's why i said it could be an improvement.

Regards.

@gianko - the contacts that caused the crash - apparently there is a bug in the address book that makes some contacts corrupted and while working fine for some apps, it crash others. If you will try yappari (whatsapp for N900) it will crash as well, what was suggested there is to export the contacts, remove them from the phone and then import them back. I don't recommand doing it as you might lose your contacts if you done something wrong.

A suggestion for the new Waze version:
The ability to override the automatic day/night colour schemes.
An AMOLED-friendly colour scheme, similar to the night colour scheme, but the majority of the background black instead of dark grey.

A suggestion for the Ubuntu version:
The ability to set location by UI element or config file, for use without attached GPS.

I have had Waze crash at least three times approaching the same intersection on my way home. It has happened whether I am using navigation or not, but does not happen every time . Is this a known problem or should I try to capture the terminal output?