Notices

Thanks for this app! Working fine here :-)

Would it be possible to have the remote using a bluetooth or wireless connection in future updates instead of the current infra-red port?

The Following User Says Thank You to badboyuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
is there any way to emulate an xbox controller input? Or does that have to work through bluetooth instead od IR?
A lot of the buttons are shared, so it should work, but there's no analog pad etc.

The XBox controllers use some RF transceivers, which isn't bluetooth. I don't even think the XBox has bluetooth

thanks! trying it out

The Following User Says Thank You to bountou For This Useful Post:
Awesome app mate and awesome gui...Nice to see something bright on the n900 instead of the usual black background! Suprised the n900 works from such a distance. Lovin it!

The Following User Says Thank You to cferrism For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
I can't seem to get this to work, any additional help? downloaded it an hour ago and nothing. Maybe a step by step tutorial?

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro1099 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pyro1099 View Post
I can't seem to get this to work, any additional help? downloaded it an hour ago and nothing. Maybe a step by step tutorial?
1. download app
2. enable media remote control in xbox 360 settings.
3. vote for my app: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...e/1.0-1maemo2/
4. profit

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
1. download app
2. enable media remote control in xbox 360 settings.
3. vote for my app: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...e/1.0-1maemo2/
4. profit
i tried this round my friends house (got a ps3 myself) i dont think he's ever used a remote and so wouldn't have enabled it (i may be wrong) but the thing i found was it wouldn't work until i pressed the sync button as if sync'ing a new control pad, and voila.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
i tried this round my friends house (got a ps3 myself) i dont think he's ever used a remote and so wouldn't have enabled it (i may be wrong) but the thing i found was it wouldn't work until i pressed the sync button as if sync'ing a new control pad, and voila.
That's weird, when I did it I just used the controller to enable it in settings and it worked straight away. What I would suggest to those having trouble, lookup the instructions through google maybe on how to configure/use a standard xbox 360 media remote.

Also, maybe when you start the pairing process it temporarily enables the IR reciever to see if that's what you're trying to negotiate.

Anyway, glad you like it. looking into a PS3 version, should be quite straight forward from what I've researched so far. Please vote

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
I must ask, has anyone seen a difference in range when syncing their device to their Xbox? Mine definitely worked right away without needing to sync, but the sensor is really inaccurate. I basically have to straddle my Xbox and make sure that it sits level and in complete line of sight to get the remote working. Is it just me?

Also, I'll have to second the idea of making each Remote Section(or Panel) it's own individual screen. Make them easily swipeable(similar to the desktop) and fill the screen to the best of your ability and I think you'll have a real winner on your hands. Thanks for giving Xbox some love!

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

I'll consider it for a later version, making the buttons smaller that is. But I'd rather get this out of the way and come back to it later. Like I said earlier, you have access to the qml under /opt/usr/share/xbox360-media-remote so why don't you have a go at making those changes yourself. Please vote: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...e/1.0-1maemo2/