Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Nice to know that there's a topic as listed above that I'm not permitted to read. Probably security issues...Never know what would happen if a terrorist got this information.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
you have to create another account for that section. at least that's what i did.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
No, it's simply a discussion of the fact that the moderators of Brainstorm on TMO don't have moderation rights in the Brainstorm tool, which makes for one extra level of frustration in an already thankless and somewhat futile job.

It's in the moderator forum because it's a moderator-specific issue.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
There's probably an interesting discussion to be had around the brainstorms and their role. I'm not sure if this poster is looking for that or not!

I think they're a good idea and understand their purpose, but feel that lots of thought and effort goes in; yet when conclusions are reached these go on to serve no useful purpose.

Open questions:
Are developers motivated by brainstorm activity? - Have we seen evidence of brainstorms serving as the genus (and subsequent specification) for any programs?
Are Nokia motivated by (or even reading) the brainstorms? - Probably someone is, but is there a conscious effort to pick these things up and run with them?
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Nice to know that there's a topic as listed above that I'm not permitted to read. Probably security issues...Never know what would happen if a terrorist got this information.
Yes, God forbid some terrorist gain access to conversations where moderators kick thoughts back and forth on how to improve the experience here. Reading the transcripts would be worse than waterboarding.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Most of the messages I send to people I don't show to people who aren't supposed to read them. For example, the messages I am sending now headed

"Moderators are full of ..."

"There are big problems with the Maemo/Meego Implementation of ..."

and

"The terrorists are meeting right behind the office of ..."

So, I usually don't show those messages, and no one ever wonders what they are about.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Guys, do you need to use this as another excuse to have a go at each other?

We are very conscious of the fact that the more paranoid members here would be bothered by having a closed mod forum. It was pointed out that we could equivalently carry out the business by mass private messages, but that would be more unwieldy and less useful. Thus, we use a closed forum. Unfortunately the forum software has bugs so the message headings are visible, apparently. C'est la vie?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: