Notices

Originally Posted by palmsolo View Post
Thanks Bratag. I did that, but the config file appears to be empty
It can't be empty if pianobar is starting and trying to use the username/password (pyPianobar doesn't pass this itself except the first time.)

in a terminal:

Code:
rm -f /home/user/.config/pianobar/config
pyPianobar will recreate one with the defaults if it's removed.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Thank you fatalsaint! I am all set now and LOVE that I have Pandora capability on my N900 now. This device gets better every single day.

The Following User Says Thank You to palmsolo For This Useful Post:
Tried out the Station/Create and Station/Delete features and had a couple issues.

1: The Artist/Title input box has white on white text, making it pretty hard to use. (I've heard the user/pass inputs also have this issue, but I didn't test that part)
2: The Artist/Title and yes/no dialog buttons are tiny and grouped tightly together, making it very easy to select the wrong one.

As a side note, the "tired" button still exits; it would be great if this sent the 't' key to pianobar...

The Following User Says Thank You to Thorprime For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Thorprime View Post
1: The Artist/Title input box has white on white text, making it pretty hard to use. (I've heard the user/pass inputs also have this issue, but I didn't test that part)
2: The Artist/Title and yes/no dialog buttons are tiny and grouped tightly together, making it very easy to select the wrong one.
Would it be possible to see screenshots?? in the SDK the buttons are quite large and the only white on white I experienced was the menu itself on the N810.. in the SDK everything was black.. so obviously I'm not getting an accurate picture of an N900 from the SDK.

As a side note, the "tired" button still exits; it would be great if this sent the 't' key to pianobar...
Im holding off on this until I/we can figure out a better button picture. Too confusing with the ZZZ's I think. It's an extremely simple addition but I don't want people accidentally marking songs "tired" that they didn't mean too. I'd rather they accidentally close pyPianobar.. less permanent. You can't "un"-tire a song, right?

Maybe use a thumbs-down graphic for tired?

The Following User Says Thank You to greenfly For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by greenfly View Post
Maybe use a thumbs-down graphic for tired?
If we go the thumb route.. I think it would be better to follow the official Pandora idea of Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down for Like/Dislike and then maybe use the "-" button for the tired option?

ETA: Actually thor, also, since you're the genius of design - I'm thinking of remove the station list on the left and instead making that an album graphic... but I'm not sure what to do with the station list after that... put it into a drop down like Bratag did? Make it an selection from the menu? Anyway.. if you are able to think of a way to work in an Album Graphic I think that would be kinda nifty.

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-01 at 19:52.

Ok, current working model:

Any feedback welcome.

ETA: Also, need a graphic for "No Image Available". Because, try as I might.. this just simply will not find all albums. It makes use of SlothRadio Covers to query for the image.

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-01 at 23:46.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Would it be possible to see screenshots?? in the SDK the buttons are quite large and the only white on white I experienced was the menu itself on the N810.. in the SDK everything was black.. so obviously I'm not getting an accurate picture of an N900 from the SDK.
--Screenshots---

Originally Posted by fatalsaint
ETA: Actually thor, also, since you're the genius of design
Heh, trust me; I'm no designer. Coder by trade, any designing I do is only by last resort .

I'll see about getting some Thumbs up/down icons made. As for the album art, if there is an easy way for you to get that from the pandora api, I would agree that switching the station list to a drop-down is probably the best solution for making space on the screen. Hopefully there is a way to get the dropdown larger than it is in qtPianobar, which isn't very finger friendly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thorprime For This Useful Post:
someone make this a final product !

Well, the first one should be fixed. Should be black text now when entering station/username/pass etc.

As far as the buttons...... not really much I can do about that... It's the way the N900 handles the QT Message Box's . If I figure out a way to manipulate the actual layout of a message box I'll see what I can do. In a *normal* python app they show up underneath the text.. not to the right stacked.