Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
Yup I know how to use aircrack-ng as well as WEP and WPA/WPA2 cracking. There are quite some posts, discussions, and debates though about that being legal or not, etc. As such I was just being cautious. But going to that topic was not my intention and agenda in the first place (there are separate threads for those kinds of discussion). As mentioned in my initial response, my intention was just to say that "free Internet" is already possible in the current NITDroid version.
You guys talking things way above my head. No. I am not talking about cracking WEP or security code for free internet. Sorry if i misled anybody. I have no intention and plain NOT INTERESTED. Period.

I meant free internet are those have been legally recruited by tmobile, I am one, to help implement/test/IPv6 to the cellular system. For those are legally in, the pool has since closed, not more, again, maemo would provide free internet/free cellular if one turned the n900 into IPv6. However, android WAS not in, at least so far not publicly. I was so excited to see the hidden built-in IPv6 cellular and allow nitdroid to tap into the IPv6 cellular. Anyway, I am way too a newby to talk about it. Full details here.

Before, when I am in nitdroid, and on the street, I would have to reboot into maemo to get online. Now, with the implementation of IPv6, there is hope that I would NOT need to reboot into maemo even I am on the street. That is what I meant. This IPv6 is a big step for android/nitdroid. I have NOT actively searched about it, but is a sweet surprise to me.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-07-10 at 17:01.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I've finally done it, full HTC Sense on my NITDroid, I'm in love with it!
<yes, I'm obsessed with sense >
The location and temperature are also working on the flipclock, a small moon icon also appears but I'm not connected to the internet on my N900, a nice cloud and sun-glow-like animation also starts once unlocking the phone.
Gotta love Sense
Attached Images

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-07-10 at 17:43.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
The location and temperature are also working on the flipclock, a small moon icon also appears but I'm not connected to the internet on my N900, a nice cloud and sun-glow-like animation also starts once unlocking the phone.
Gotta love Sense
It looks great dear so i think that we might have whole working Android port on our N900 very soon...
Can't resist my self

The Following User Says Thank You to sansar95 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey any news on new features and a new update date?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
looks nice ' hope we will get it soon.
with call function.
we have meego with calls but without apps
we have nitdroid running but without calls

it all is in the future

thats why the n900 is a good phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to N900L For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N900L View Post
we have nitdroid running but without calls
So how is the title of this thread "Sound While In A Call Achieved"?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Gotta love Sense
That looks absolutely incredibly awesome....
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Try installing the GO launcher from Market... it works really smooth on nitdroid.. its perfect for us i guess

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Nitdroid phone use today: It can receive incoming phone call. You can answer phone calls or missed phone calls. Missed phone calls are listed under missing calls. And that is all about it now. That is, people can call you to your n900 and everything functioned like a phone, except audio still work in progress.

bun

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
I'm curently browsing the forum using android browser! It's a little bit slow but it's good! Ammyt, you ROCK. how did you do that?? The community can count on guys like you. Me I'm too lazy to go further in my experiences. Good job mate.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid