Is there a way to play Sirius on the Nokia N800 without having to go through X-Terminal each time and typing in the following steps:

X-Terminal

ssh root@localhost

cd /home/user/MyDocs

cd sipie

python sipie.py

Last edited by iTab; 2008-08-01 at 10:57. Reason: Sirius Stream, Personal Menu, Rootsh, Sipie, MPlayer

Anyone know?

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Install personal menu or personal launcher.

Then, add an entry and type the following as the "command to execute":

python /home/user/MyDocs/sipie.py

Make sure the "execute as root" box is checked, and the one that says run in terminal if you want, then choose an icon and save it.

Then, you should be able to run it just by selecting that icon from your personal menu or personal launcher

Hope this helps

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

The Following User Says Thank You to josiahg777 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by josiahg777 View Post
Install personal menu or personal launcher.

Then, add an entry and type the following as the "command to execute":

python /home/user/MyDocs/sipie.py

Make sure the "execute as root" box is checked, and the one that says run in terminal if you want, then choose an icon and save it.

Then, you should be able to run it just by selecting that icon from your personal menu or personal launcher

Hope this helps
Thanks, I did exactly what you said with 'Personal Menu' but 2 XTerm windows open and one keeps asking for a password, but no password I try works - they are all saying 'Invalid Password'...

Hmm... I'm not terribly familiar with sirius... does it ask you for a password?

Also... can you post the exactly output here when it asks you for the password?

I think that password might be the "execute as root" .. so it is either asking for root's password via su, or it is using sudo and your user is not able to run sudo without a password in the sudoers file. (look around the forums for solutions).

I don't think the run in xterm checkbox works.. I've used that before and had the same result.. and empty xterm window opened and just sat there; while the app I ran went into a new window. There didn't seem to be any purpose at all to that other xterm window.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Hmm... Well if it's asking for a root password, you should install qwerty's "rootsh" package which gives sudo permission to "user"

And interesting.. I've never used the checkbox so I wasn't aware of that. I just thought I'd mention it in case the python script used a command-line menu or something of the sort

Yeah, it basically just says that the password is wrong. I try my Sirius password and my Sudo Root password and neither one work.

So, if I install "rootsh" will it still ask for my password? If so, what should I put?

Thanks everyone!!! This is almost perfect!!!

(And, after listening to Mel Karmazin on The Howard Stern Show today, this should remain working after the merger goes into effect.)

I don't believe it should ask for your password. However I'm not familiar with exactly how personal menu handles the "run as root" checkbox, so my answer is definitely not the be-all end-all :P

The Following User Says Thank You to josiahg777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by josiahg777 View Post
Hmm... Well if it's asking for a root password, you should install qwerty's "rootsh" package which gives sudo permission to "user"
anpaza's sudser would do that, not rootsh

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: