Active Topics

The new Nexus S, with the new android 2.3 system will be available starting 12/16 at Bestbuy.

Additional Nexus S features include:

•16GB of internal memory
•Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows users to read NFC tags
•Front and rear facing cameras
•Voice Actions allows users to text friends, search for and call restaurants and stores, write notes to self, receive step-by-step directions via Google Maps™ with Navigation and Latitude, and ring and email contacts just by speaking into their smart phone
•Access to Google mobile services including Google Search™, Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Calendar™, Google Talk™, Google Voice™
•Gyroscope support for enhanced gaming and motion detection

You can get it for $199 with a 2 years contract with T-mobile or $529 unlocked.

It looks like a very good competitor since it comes with android 2.3 and the google marketplace.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_techne...-3-gingerbread

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racky For This Useful Post:
with 16GB of internal flash memory and no additional expansion slot, I'm not attracted.

I was disappointed by the lack of the rumored A9 dual core. Front camera is kinda cool, but I don't know what they would do with it. If it's like the other Android phones with Qik it's pretty pointless (to me at least. Fat chance I'll get anyone to convert to Qik).

Other stuff is kinda cool, but I think I rather just wait another year to get whatever surpasses it in the upcoming year.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
No G4. Dumb! or dump?!

bun

What makes this really that different from Samsung Galaxy S?

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
What makes this really that different from Samsung Galaxy S?
The only different maybe just the OS and it is a google phone. That means you will be the first one to be able to upgrade to the newest system.

Originally Posted by racky View Post
The only different maybe just the OS and it is a google phone. That means you will be the first one to be able to upgrade to the newest system.
Who cares its just another locked down smartphone with slightly newer **** in it. Whats the point its just going to become out of date next month.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Who cares its just another locked down smartphone with slightly newer **** in it. Whats the point its just going to become out of date next month.
New system means new features. It will be lucky if the Samsung Galaxy S will get the 2.2, let alone the 2.3 or later. But the Nexus One, even after 2 years, it still be able to upgrade to the android2.3.

http://www.redmondpie.com/download-a...3-gingerbread/

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
What I think? Well I think Nitdroid team gets this version ported to N900 as well

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Give it a Micro SD slot and QWERTY keyboard and I would think about it.