Benanson
thanks for all your effords. I will be trying this at the end of the week when all my stuff arrives. However, the point about "portability" comes to mind, seeing all the cables in the photo. I was wondering if the that "BLACKALL" provided with the double USB cable might. I'm not to concerned about the weight, just all the wirers.
Thanks again for your effords

The Following User Says Thank You to tj110158 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Done. Success! See here, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...130#post212130

No tail! No plug-in, complete portable. Wow!

bun
That's exactly what I do with my new Acom 160GB drive; it came with a USB cable with an extra power-only adapter included, so I just plugged it right into my NOMA RX4 battery pack (which looks like your one, just white). The drive powered up. I then plugged the powered-up drive into my N800, and it just worked. I also have one of Jolous' N800 OTG adaptors so it just plugs and connects, and I don't need the F-F adapter either. Sometimes, I have to plug the drive in twice to get it to work, the first time the N800 doesn't even respond to the plug-in.

It is amazing to be able to put EVERY mp3 that I have, every digital photo I have ever taken, etc., on a hand-held drive and still have space left over...

Last edited by qole; 2008-08-12 at 22:17.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Could you please add in your first post how much it weights and how convenient it is for travelling? Thanks
The Tekkeon + 4 batteries + 160 G HD is under 1 lb. After one tidy up with the cables, you only have 1 cable that sticked to your nokia. Travelling should be very very convenient. However, if you thinking about doing Makarina or aerobic dancing or jogging, then you would have to be more careful as this is not solidstate, but a w/r harddrive, so if it fell to the ground, I think that is the end of it . That is how I travel. Up to 6+ hr of continuous HD use.

bun
Attached Images

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Y-cable that came with my drive is much longer than yours, it is a bit too bulky. I'd buy a new, shorter one for $5 if I found it.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
The Y-cable that came with my drive is much longer than yours, it is a bit too bulky. I'd buy a new, shorter one for $5 if I found it.

Good idea.

However, I packed the whole thing together, only the USB cable goes to the tablet is visible, all else in the bag. and the bag is a tart smaller than my palm and put on my belt. I would not jog on the street with this setup, but sitting on the plane or walking around to demonstrate something from the tablet is 100% doable.

bun

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
I just connected my new e71 to n800. at first i was disappointed because the n800 prompted "device not supported" but after couple of seconds, the file manager started and i could see the memory card now i can copy music straight from n800 to e71 whenever i want without booting up my laptop.

connectivity ^2

could have done the copying via bt but.. because i can!
(and its a lot faster too)

hopefully there isn't a thread for this.

i love my tablet!

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Interesting; after using my drive for a few days, I've found that I need to keep my batteries well-charged. If there's not enough "juice" in them, the drive won't spin up, it will go click-click-click... And if the power gets too low while using the drive, it will start making horrible clunks trying to access a file ...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
...If there's not enough "juice" in them, the drive won't spin up, it will go click-click-click... And if the power gets too low while using the drive, it will start making horrible clunks trying to access a file ...
When juice is low, the steady green lite on my palmsize HD will turn orange or blinking green/orange, I would immediately stop it. You should have such a lite too.

bun

Yes. It turns red right around the time that it starts making those horrible clunks. Not much warning, I'm afraid.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by UserID10T View Post
Definitely considering trying THIS out. I can't see dimensions of the unit anywhere...but it's a 4-port Battery Powered USB Hub. That's awesome. If anyone checks this out, be sure to post your reviews for us!!

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Cybernet...-Hub-CP-H420MP
I have one of those, and it can't power the USB HD enclosure I have. I guess the little AAA NiMH batteries inside it don't have enough umph. Completely useless on the 770, as it only powers up when it has power coming from the host, and no real reason to use it on an N800 over a nice small hub.

The Following User Says Thank You to tom61 For This Useful Post: