Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
15 times so far (showing off to people )

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by TrD View Post
After doing some searching and browsing files in Sailfish, I think that the initlogo.rle could the boot logo, found in root. But cos I'm total noob, I won't try to mess with it :P
Tried to replace this file with my own one and reboot, but it still show the standard Jolla logo on the boot...
It's not enough to just replace this file...

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Shutdown logo is easy to replace, but you will be having hard time replacing boot logo, as its builtin inside bootloader, so there is no easy way to change it.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
So we need to insert custom RLE into the boot image. There's plenty of discussion online of people doing this for Android - how different is it likely to be for Sailfish?

maybe it's not a problem to insert the rle file to boot image, but from what I understand we need flash this new boot image and not just put it in the file system. I don't know if it possible for normal user in the current stage (no flash tools)..

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
bootloader != boot image

am loving the film atm, so thought i would tribute my shutdown graphic to that and of course, jolla
Attached Images