Notices

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
It doesn't exists atm...
What kind of new layout do you need? for a new language or simple customization?
i just need to edit & add new symbol for easy use for me...

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I'm working on new layouts...

@alfred

Russian layout is done: 2-3 symbols are not displayed well but perhaps it's because I miss some codec...
Hey realsportcars,
good to see you are back.
Can you tell me which symbols are not displayed. Since i have the file, that i sent you, you could just mark those with the red marker(yes, as a teacher in school) and sent me the file back. Or type here those symbols with copy-paste. maybe those are not important at all

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Hey realsportcars,
good to see you are back.
Can you tell me which symbols are not displayed. Since i have the file, that i sent you, you could just mark those with the red marker(yes, as a teacher in school) and sent me the file back. Or type here those symbols with copy-paste. maybe those are not important at all
thank you!
symbols are:
ϵ (only lowercase,uppercase works well)
ϕ (from '+shift layout)

Donate link

thank you!
symbols are:
ϵ (only lowercase,uppercase works well)
ϕ (from '+shift layout)

I can't figure out why they shouldn't work, cause the all come from the same origin (Greece) Well, i got them all from the same place. So you know what... Forget about them, get rid of ϵ (both lower and uppercase) and ϕ (only '+shift, don't delete Pie symbol π though ) and put smth fancy instead of them, like ♥ (if it works)

Thanks again

I can't figure out why they shouldn't work, cause the all come from the same origin (Greece) Well, i got them all from the same place. So you know what... Forget about them, get rid of ϵ (both lower and uppercase) and ϕ (only '+shift, don't delete Pie symbol π though ) and put smth fancy instead of them, like ♥ (if it works)

Thanks again
Good

I'm waiting maxximuscool and his khmer layout then I will release this version...

Donate link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Good

I'm waiting maxximuscool and his khmer layout then I will release this version...
Ohh. Take your time.

Hi i have been noticing strange behaviour on fastevo sms app when i have the onscreen keyboard open in portrait mode and type the word then press space button to go to type next word the previous word disappears and this keeps happening! pls help

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Hi i have been noticing strange behaviour on fastevo sms app when i have the onscreen keyboard open in portrait mode and type the word then press space button to go to type next word the previous word disappears and this keeps happening! pls help
This is a Qt bug. It is due to new version of Qt that comes from CSSU. I can't do anything (I think)
Btw words are not erased: if you press right arrow they becomes visible

Donate link

Last edited by realsportcars; 2011-04-18 at 20:24.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida

Thanks again
Woah, no, no just "forgetting" keys. There's a reason why Russian has those letters - because they're, you know, part of the language. That's like saying "The F key isn't showing up, so let's just skip that one. No one uses F when speaking anyway, right?"

Not sure why the letters aren't displaying either, there's many places where that could go wrong, but "ф/Ф" and "э/Э" ARE integral part of the language in Russian, and it's better to be able to type it with some visual glitches than to not type it at all. Like, there are words you just can't say without those letters, just like you can't type "car" without a "c" or "number" without a "u".

Also try these (first one's lower case, second is upper case) instead:
ф Ф <-- the "ϕ" looks different on my computer and that might be the problem, you might be trying to use the 'Greek' symbol in question, which is actually different than the current standard Russian one, thus having different UTF/ASCII codes, and thus some fonts/systems might ignore the Greek one but not the Russian one.
э Э <--- THESE are the right э in Russian, not "ϵ". Unless you're trying to say е Е or з З, but that doesn't look like it.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Woah, no, no just "forgetting" keys. There's a reason why Russian has those letters - because they're, you know, part of the language. That's like saying "The F key isn't showing up, so let's just skip that one. No one uses F when speaking anyway, right?"

Not sure why the letters aren't displaying either, there's many places where that could go wrong, but "ф/Ф" and "э/Э" ARE integral part of the language in Russian, and it's better to be able to type it with some visual glitches than to not type it at all. Like, there are words you just can't say without those letters, just like you can't type "car" without a "c" or "number" without a "u".

Also try these (first one's lower case, second is upper case) instead:
ф Ф <-- the "ϕ" looks different on my computer and that might be the problem, you might be trying to use the 'Greek' symbol in question, which is actually different than the current standard Russian one, thus having different UTF/ASCII codes, and thus some fonts/systems might ignore the Greek one but not the Russian one.
э Э <--- THESE are the right э in Russian, not "ϵ". Unless you're trying to say е Е or з З, but that doesn't look like it.
Dude, I expect you being russian too. So The first one is phi(used mostly in Physics but also sometimes in Chemistry) the second one isn't Э at all. It's just some greek letter used in College stuff too. So take a look at the file http://www.mediafire.com/?j5zgb4pghp1r6v0

BTW, you seem to be funny

Tags
keyboard, portrait, wikkid