Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
You could utilize the TV-out? It's not digital output but works. Many videos on youtube with that method. Works without a hassle... Also: http://meegos.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2945
*Runs to google translate*

Ah I see, yeah but i'd like to do it soley on the n900 without the need for another device. It must be something simple im missing, others worked straight off?

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
hey,
a link to a russian forum, great!
i am proud to be a russian!

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Yes, well, the TV-out requires a external grabber. On the plus side, it doesn't slow the N900 down when recording =)

Doesn't the translated text help you at all? The commands can not be mistranslated anyway =D

If the 'general' methods don't work on your device, you need to tell us what you have tried, what works, and what not....

Oh yeah, you did =D

Looks like you're using something interfering stuff?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Figured it out, its a little bit of me being stupid it seems! lol

From vi_'s post and the site he linked it mentioned this

* -s wxga makes ffmpeg to set the size of the video to wxga which is shortcut for 1366x768. This is a strange resolution to use, I'd just write -s 800x600.
and i was using "-s wxga" which is equivilent to using "-s 1366x768" so i changed this bit to "-s 800x480" with the rest of the command and it works.

N900 does slow down a bit though while encoding

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
If this solution (x11grab + ffmpeg) or an another equivalent solution could use DSP (gstreamer ximagesrc + dsp ?) or faster cpu based encoder to reduce CPU usage, it might be like Apple's AirPlay or xBounds (for Android)

Last edited by Fabry; 2012-01-09 at 22:24.