Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Indeed.

As a company you cannot please all people -by definition- but you can please 85% of people if you work very very hard.

You cannot compensate people afterwards if you reduce your price, but you can deliver people what you promise -or more- at the point of ordering. Other people maybe get more for the same price one day later, but such is live.

And again, as Dave eloquently puts:

If any, it is counterproductive. I like to try stuff out, put random design thoughts out there and pitch possible solutions I have to any given problem.
That has the inevitable consequence that some people will not understand what I say or take it out of context without reading the last two pages -or just skim my posts- and go ahead saying
All complaining here is counterproductive and destroys all flexibility to try stuff out, look how it is going and then adjust.

Constructive criticism however, that is motivating. State the problem/issue/whatever you don't like, sketch the way it should be in the future and the path you have to take to get there. That makes a change and is really doing it together.
I just want to thank you not only by pushing the "Thanks" button but also by posting a "thank you" post.

Unfortunately, most times, the group of people complaining is also the loudest group which makes it appear bigger than it actually is.

I just want to actively voice my agreement with what you say as a little attempt to actively add some positive spirit.

Last edited by Wonko; 2015-01-07 at 07:59.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
As a company you cannot please all people -by definition- but you can please 85% of people if you work very very hard.
True.
You cannot compensate people afterwards if you reduce your price, but you can deliver people what you promise -or more- at the point of ordering. Other people maybe get more for the same price one day later, but such is live.
Also true. But:
day0 order the tablet
day1 order phone for normal price
day2 (new) discount for tablet backers
day3 phone arrives (or has not yet arrived at all), due to 14-day-online-give-back right, now it could be sent back and order via indiegogo:
lots of overhead for both parties, instead an accomodating refund would be easier
Jolla denies and says all users to treat 'fairly and equitably'! Really???

In the end it was not that 50 something but the behaviour of the Nokia (erm Jolla) customer care!!!

btw.: what do you think how many phones they sold for normal price the last weeks/months? Only real hardcore fanboys would have paid that amount of money for that HW.

Last edited by lokai; 2015-01-07 at 08:18.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
How about a show of hands? Who bought a new Jola using the TOHKBD discount? That should teach me how wrong I am.
Of course I cannot be sure about this, but I do recall there was a lot of talk on TMO about this before Jolla ever came out with the device specifications.
There were a lot of people who stated that their preference was a device with full HW-buttony qwerty keyboard, and when the specs were published were loudly wailing about it and vowed not to get the device.

There is some possibility that at least few of these people would change their mind when the TOHOKBD2 campaign started and would have ordered both the keyboard and the device with the accompanying coupon.

And if not, I sure think that'd be the target audience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Unfortunately, most times, the group of people complaining is also the loudest group which makes it appear bigger than it actually is.
What I also see a lot on TMO is misreading a post or misinterpretation of a post resulting in very heated discussions.

This is a forum where people communicate using written text.
People should realize written text is maybe between 6% to 9% of total communication so misinterpretation is easily done. And it gets even worse when English (which is used on TMO) isn't the persons primary language (either the writer or the reader or both).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
New code valid until 8th Feb:
FOSDEM2015

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
FOSDEM2015
What does the code do?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
50 euro off phone price

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
So :
Jolla and The Other Half bundle
Jolla with White The Other Half
1 x Jolla
The Other Half Lime
1 x The Other Half Lime
The Other Half Nadeshiko Pink
1 x The Other Half Nadeshiko Pink
costs EUR(249-50=199) with the FOSDEM2015 discount code.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

And they did it again.

At least they now opened the posssibility for all people to order for an ancient price.

So no need to do like proposed here:
Originally Posted by lokai View Post
As long as Jolla does not offer to order single phone with reduced price for tablet-only backers this is what I propose to do.

So everybody who already backed a tablet and now wants also a Jolla phone just order the bundle and resend the tablet-only package (just deny when delivered)delivered.
So you will receive your money back. And have the tablet and phone to reduced price.

I really hope they read understand learn react.
But I really do not think so

I am wondering how long this code may be valid. And will come then?
Possibly final price cut again or better once more?

Last edited by lokai; 2015-01-31 at 20:50.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by lokai View Post
I am wondering how long this code may be valid. And will come then?
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
FOSDEM2015
Just a few posts above yours

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: