Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Regarding new messages cover i can at least see where they are coming from. It has greatly improved in readabillity.
All caps is a no-go and coming up with a cover that now looks inconsistent to all the others totally spoils the effort though.
Maybe we should come up with some mock-ups of how we would like it and still have better readabillity?
Starting ignored tjc-questions regarding design decisions is one of my hobbies.

Salamander may be the name someone gave to that red?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It does, but it takes forever to activate. Like,"three minutes forever", not "three seconds forever". I found my seat in the dark cinema long before the flashlight finally turned on. Luckily the old !!enable_switch is still there, doing the same thing instantly.
That's odd, it takes like 0.5 secs on my phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Bubbless View Post
That's odd, it takes like 0.5 secs on my phone.
Tested on 2 of my jollas, flashlight took 30 sec. to activate from new shortcut on the first phone and ~10 seconds on the other.
Can also confirm music being paused or stopped, depending on the app.

Bubbles, are you sure to test the new method, being a shortcut in the events-pully you have to activate from settings to show up?

EDIT:
Made a quick tjc-question regardig the flashlight

EDIT:
after a reboot, it took around 20 sec. again on first activation.
In answer to bubbles post below, muted speakers have no effect in my case. First activation after reboot takes ages, next on/off vary from 0,5 - 2 seconds.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-06-19 at 14:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Bubbles, are you sure to test the new method, being a shortcut in the events-pully you have to activate from settings to show up?
Yes. (10chars)

Edit: Speakers are muted though

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Updated to 2.0.2.45 without problems, but the "Saifish OS updates", "About product" and in terminal it still show 2.0.1.11...
Is this normal for this way of update ?
Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Updated to 2.0.2.45 without problems, but the "Saifish OS updates", "About product" and in terminal it still show 2.0.1.11...
Is this normal for this way of update ?
Thanks
Sailfish OS updates will tell you 2.0.1.11 is ready to be installed as an update, but About product and the Terminal should definitely show 2.0.2.45. Maybe a couple of packages weren't updated because of conflicts or dependency problems with patches or other packages from OpenRepos. I forgot how to check if this is the case, but someone else probably knows the right command.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Munich, Germany
Is anyone else experiencing SD card issues on 2.0.2.45 ? I'm seeing a lot (thousands of lines per second) of
Code:
[  389.651854] mmcblk1: timed out sending SET_BLOCK_COUNT command, card status 0x400f00
[  389.651854] mmcblk1: command error, retrying timeout
and
Code:
[  389.636777] end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk1, sector 204688
[  389.636777] Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk1p1, logical block 21490
[  389.636777] lost page write due to I/O error on mmcblk1p1
and sometimes even
Code:
[  496.120646] mmc1: Card stuck in programming state! mmcblk1 mmc_blk_err_check
in dmesg when doing heavy SD operations (like dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/mmcblk1p1 bs=4k ).

//EDIT: BTW, 2.0.2 allows us to have swap partitions on SD cards. That would be a great feature if these SD issues wouldn't be there.

//EDIT²: Never mind, the card seems to be failing. This is just a bit weird as it's a big brand, the card is just 2 months old, has plenty of free space and the one used before (used for a way longer time, same brand) still works fine in another device. Also it smells a bit fishy that the card started to fail at the exact same time I updated.

Last edited by V10lator; 2016-06-19 at 16:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V10lator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Sailfish OS updates will tell you 2.0.1.11 is ready to be installed as an update, but About product and the Terminal should definitely show 2.0.2.45. Maybe a couple of packages weren't updated because of conflicts or dependency problems with patches or other packages from OpenRepos. I forgot how to check if this is the case, but someone else probably knows the right command.
I unapplied all patches before...
Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I unapplied all patches before...
Thanks
Try running the version --dup command multiple times, I had to execute it around 3 times before everything was updated.

//EDIT: Also disable none openrepos repos (the openrepos repos ofc, too), like mer-tools.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to V10lator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Where is the option hidden to restore backups (e.g. from Taalojärvi)? I can only make backups and update backups, but haven't found a way yet to restore them...

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, jolla, sailfishos, sfo update, sfos2, update