Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
You are a lucky guy, Bun

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Here comes the answer of my prayer: 4.1 in screen droid phone is coming to virgin Mobile! BUY!

==================================

KEY FEATURES:
• 5MP back-facing camera and VGA front-facing camera
• HD video capture and playback in 720p, both on device or over HDMI
• Massive 4.1" display (800x480 WVGA) and ultra-thin at .0.4"
• 1400 mAh battery
• 512MB RAM with 2GB ROM and SD card slot for extended
• Froyo (Android 2.2) with Flash support for enhanced browsing
(download from Android Market)
• Soft touch design for comfort in hand

SPECIFICATIONS:
• Software Platform: Android - Froyo
• Messaging/web/apps: MMS, SMS, email
• Camera: 5MP AF with flash, VGA front facing
• Video: 30 fps @ 720 p decode
30 fps @ 720 p 14 Mbps encode
• Connectivity: microUSB, 3.5mm , HDMI port
• Browser: Android Webkit Browser
• Bluetooth: BT V2.1 + EDR
• Memory: 512MB RAM/ 2GB ROM, uSD Slot
• Location Services: aGPS
• Form Factor: Tablet
• Experience Category: Media Centric
• Baseband: Qualcomm MSM8655
• Weight: 143g
• Dimensions: 4.8" x 2.5" x 0.4"Display: 4.1" 800 x 480 WVGA
• Battery: 1400 mAh
• Bands/Modes: CDMA 1900 MHz EVDO RevA, 802.11 b/g/n
==================================================

BTW, I was able to root my LG Optimus V in 5 minute! Now I am looking for some customs ROM. Any suggestions?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-06-12 at 23:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
You are a lucky guy, Bun
I know I am the luckiest guy on earth. I have to thank my honey though. She OK'ed to move to this dingy little town despite the fact she is afraid of bear . I told her bear just interested in trash cans, as long as our trash can is empty, bear wont bother you. I know I have stretched the fact, somewhat.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-06-12 at 23:28.

OMG! I finally found my holy grail! I finally able to use my N810!

Android Market> HotSpot Widget, dl and install, and fire it up, tada, the N810 connected to the Optimus V effortlessly!

Now my 3.2 inch suddenly becomes 4.1 inches! Now my LG Optimus V gets a bigger monitor and a keyboard. I am the happiest soul on earth! Yike!

And it can even feed a few PDAs in the car! Or even feed a Nokia WP7 tablet when the day comes! Ha!

LG Optimus V. What a little ginnie.

No pic, no story, here are the pic. Note, on the N810, internet source is AndroidAP and on the Optimus, source is 3G, not wifi. WOW!

You bet what bunanson is taking to work tomorrow: an LG Optimus coupled with my ex N810. Ha!
bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-06-13 at 01:09.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
OMG! I finally found my holy grail! I finally able to use my N810!

Android Market> HotSpot Widget, dl and install, and fire it up, tada, the N810 connected to the Optimus V effortlessly!

Now my 3.2 inch suddenly becomes 4.1 inches! Now my LG Optimus V gets a bigger monitor and a keyboard. I am the happiest soul on earth! Yike!

And it can even feed a few PDAs in the car! Or even feed a Nokia WP7 tablet when the day comes! Ha!

LG Optimus V. What a little ginnie.

No pic, no story, here are the pic. Note, on the N810, internet source is AndroidAP and on the Optimus, source is 3G, not wifi. WOW!

You bet what bunanson is taking to work tomorrow: an LG Optimus coupled with my ex N810. Ha!
bun
Sweet!

Can the V feed the GPS data to the N810 too? (fingers crossed....holding out hope f/my N800)

thx Snoshrk

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
If your wife is afraid of bears, just get a shotgun or something
Anyway, I live in the country too, but unfortunately there is no Sprint or T-mobile coverage here. I sort of have some very bad T-mobile coverage, but only at the window. Not sure about sprint, but their coverage maps indicate there is only roaming in my location, although there is strong 3G signal just a few miles away. Only viable options are Verizon and AT&T, but they both have very expensive data plans :/

I felt your pain. I think I am kind of lucky with VirginMobile here. It works wonderful for me. Never a dull moment. The critics are "wonder only if you can get it to work" I dont know. It has been working beautifully since day one. And I share VM findings with my friends in NY and Pittsburgh. OMG, every single one I talked to want to drop their whatever carrier. Really, if $25 does it, and you dont talk much. There is no point for those $80+ plan with a cap, 50 M/month, so and so, it is a joke.

Oh well, it does NOT cut it if you have a lot of business in the west.

So far, I am completely satisfy with VM, for a 2 wk use.

bun

I remember having some really bad issues with VM in 2005, when I got one of their dumb phones, and they would steal minutes from me (for example, 58 seconds call charged as 2 minutes). I called their customer relations number, and they told me that if I am not happy with them stealing minutes, I should find some other provider. I did, and I have T-mobile for 5 years now, and their customer service is pretty nice. One time I called about some SMSes not being sent but still being charged, and they refunded my money.
But maybe now that Sprint bought VM things changed a bit, and I might be looking into getting a VM phone once the T-mobile IPV6 beta expires. I'd be using it from when I go in the city, where there is good coverage. At home I have wifi anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
Sweet!

Can the V feed the GPS data to the N810 too? (fingers crossed....holding out hope f/my N800)

thx Snoshrk
No. The V can feed the wifi signal to the N800 and that is it. But really, if it fits your location, this is quite a good deal, all you can eat, no cap.

bun

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If Tmobile starts getting hard to deal with, I might try the $25 plan myself.

But while I was looking up info on it, I ran into this, part of an article:

Joining the ranks of its fellow service providers, Virgin Mobile is taking a stance against users rooting its phones.

“We do not endorse in any way end users using a non-officially tested operating system nor do we approve of ‘rooting’ devices,” a spokesperson told PCMag. “This constitutes a violation of our terms of service and puts our network in jeopardy. We endeavor to provide users a customizable Android experience within the limits of the tested and network approved Android OS.”

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
data plan, droid, google, optimus