Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Can I somehow run Nitdroid without the usb port?
I charge the battery over a desktop charger.
It's been a long time since I last booted into Nitdroid..(4 months )

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
Can I somehow run Nitdroid without the usb port?
I charge the battery over a desktop charger.
It's been a long time since I last booted into Nitdroid..(4 months )
AFAIK, no, NITDROID needs a working USB port. Even if your battery is charged.

I've had this problem in the beginning of this year, my N900's USB was broken, so NITROID shut off after some seconds. After fixing the USB port, NITROID worked without any problem.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany

Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Well,then I really need to fix it...

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Quebec,Canada
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
http://wiki.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=Games is down?
yop, it is down.

i tried using u-boot to boot to android in mmcblk0p5 and get this :
Code:
 ANDROID : warning: ‘rild’ uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)
then the phone shutdown. And now i can't get back in maemo
plese help me

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Makassar INDONESIA
can somebody pls insert stk.apk (sim toolkit) in the next update release? Perhaps mobile banking in N900 can be done through NITdroid, hence sms function is working well (i've tried several times inserting it in system/app w/o luck showing in the drawer, installing too likewise)

The Following User Says Thank You to semdev01 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Who said I ain't working? I am polishing the latest installer(s), and a new PC-based installer is on the way (asked for by some people, helps reviving dead phones?)
NITDroid-Installer-0.2.9 will have three forms from now on:
  1. NITDroid-Installer: On-device, installs the latest, stable build, along with all the latest safe patches, stays away from experimental branch of the repository. Still CLI based but with GUI tips and progress-bars.
  2. Devel-NITDroid-Installer: On-device, a lot of features, installs whatever .tar.bz2 rootfs you link it too, patches optional, GUI.
  3. NITDroid-Installer-Pro: Future, Ubuntu-based installer, used for repartitioning eMMC and installing NITDroid builds on a new mmcblk0p5 partition.
That's it for the new automated installation, I have a beta for the Devel-Installer, I'm taking all of my free time working on them since I am debugging them till the last bits of code.

I am also tweaking libaudio from the Nexus S to fix that annoying intermittent, screeching sound produced we have in 2.3.7

I'm still fiddling with the SDCard mount issue, I heard from the folks at XDA that it is an su sdcard permissions error, I tried chmod-ing the sdcard binary with all kinds of permissions without luck.

Last, I am looking for clockworkmod, we should have that utility, I am thinking of compiling a separate kernel for booting CWM exclusively, but I still have to dig into it and whether if it is even possible, and how/where does CWM exactly boot from.
...so...where is Installer 0.2.9 ? Will a newer Nitdroid will be released at all?

i have install the android in nokia n900 but still having issue for call and sms ..
when it will be resolve or pls help me by providing some stips to do !!!!!!!!

guys, can you help me??
i got some problem and question...

1st: ive installed nitdroid via auto installer (NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8), and went well until when i got into android screen, theres a notification says that the SD card is damaged. tried to mount it from storage many times still not working.. any toughts??

2nd: when i want to switch to maemo, in multiboot, there are 3 choices, 1st maemo-2.6.28-omap1, 2nd is the nitdroid-mmcblk0p2-2.6.28.NIT.07 then the last is maemo5-kernel-pwoer-2.6.28.10-power51.
if i press 1, it will start bootloop, keep coming back to multiboot screen.
it will work if i press 3 (the kernelpower). is that normal? because when i used to tried to install nitdroid manually before, there are only 2 option. the maemo omap1 and the nitdroid.

your advise, thought, and suggestion will be thanked!

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid