Notices

Has anybody tried this application in the repos.

It brings the web content on to your home screen like news, stock etc.

But after configuring the app it does not show any content the widget stays blank

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ finland
i tried with two different web pages. other worked, but i would have wanted a setting to choose how and when to update.. the other widget looked right in the prewiew, but not at my desktop.

The application's idea is genious i might say - i am bringing exchange rates not available by the currency widget. possibilities are limitless regarding to internet data and this can easily replace many other widgets.

It still needs fixes though - the widget window is transparent and the data is not shown in it (it is shown well during the process of adding the new link).

Other thing is of course allow for update time/intervals set up.

Waiting to hear more from this.

can you tell me which one worked as i have not been able make any work thansk

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
same goes for me as well, the apps in homescreen remain blank..have tried Google,Facebook, but all remains blank.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ finland
Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
can you tell me which one worked as i have not been able make any work thansk
i took the active topics frame here in tmo. worked for me, but not so useful, because you cant open the links in the widget, or in a browser..

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Also tried with different websites and in setup everything went fine but on desktop it never showed any content. sometimes after a while there was an error saying it was unable to fetch content. But that appeared some hours after setup. Also the button for updating content that appears when you touch the widget sometimes doesn't react at all. Had to tap on very top edge of desktop to get rid of it.
Nice idea but at the moment unusable.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I also can't get it to work but I would love to.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Amazingly the Donate Buttons work "Bank wire transfer, Payapl and Moneybookers". It is a brilliant idea, one that I am willing to donate, but I need to see a working application first... it only seems to work in the setup.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
why not use quick widgets with the nokia qml browser?