Hi,
I am unable to merge certain contacts in my Phonebook, also if I try to change the Image, it does not allow me to do so and gives me following error message (in both the cases):

"Unable to Perform Operation. Permission Denied"

Anybody has any clue how to fix it?????????

Thanks in advance
AK

Bump to Top.....

Anybody has any clue regarding this???

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Maybe your memory card is mounted read-only.

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Maybe your memory card is mounted read-only.
How to check that????...but I can cut/copy/paste files to and from the memory card using stock file manager.....
Is there any other way to rectify this.......???

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
can you check the permissions of the /home/user/.osso-abook directory (and at least spot-check the permissions of its subfolders and files contained therein).

They all should belong to user "user" and group "users".

Have you been playing with "sudo gainroot" lately?

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
can you check the permissions of the /home/user/.osso-abook directory (and at least spot-check the permissions of its subfolders and files contained therein).

They all should belong to user "user" and group "users".

Have you been playing with "sudo gainroot" lately?
Hey Reinob,

The whole problem originated from here....

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=76665

Post this, I restored an earlier rootfs and optfs image which I had backed up using backupmenu....

Since then as expected I was facing duplicate contacts issue (As I had imported contacts from the backup of my latest contacts which I made using Export functionality in the Phonebnook prior to using the images...because the image was very old and contained old contact details)

Since then I am trying to merge all duplicate contacts..but am unable to do so..... also tried refreshing contact details using Hermes...but either contacts are not picking up their avatars from Skype,Gtalk,FB,linkedin,Twitter etc......or if they are then I am unable to merge them......

Any clue?????

Bump to top.....

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@n900ak,

The only thing I can suggest is that you wipe out the .osso-abook folder completely (hopefully the contacts app will work OK, just without any contacts) and then restore your contacts using a "supported" method -- i.e. not restoring a back-up, but either entering them manually, or synchronizing them from another source, or importing from VCF files, etc.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@n900ak,

The only thing I can suggest is that you wipe out the .osso-abook folder completely (hopefully the contacts app will work OK, just without any contacts) and then restore your contacts using a "supported" method -- i.e. not restoring a back-up, but either entering them manually, or synchronizing them from another source, or importing from VCF files, etc.
Well its sounds pretty risky can try this only on the weekend (can't afford anything to go wrong in the middle of the week as n900 is acting as my primary phone these days ).....

Anyways, thanks for your advice, hope it works