Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
as the title states, this would be great!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
yes, pyradio on the n900 was great. was that using pyQT? hopefully that would be an easy enough port.

yes please

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
I thought the dev of PyRadio fremantle (fatalsaint) was doing a harmattan version?

i heaes that the dev was making it, have you guys sent him am email to confirm with him,

pyradio and vpn need to be ready at the same time, otherwise there is no point of writing it since you cant access it outside usa

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
i heaes that the dev was making it, have you guys sent him am email to confirm with him,

pyradio and vpn need to be ready at the same time, otherwise there is no point of writing it since you cant access it outside usa
There are some US based N9 users out there.... like me.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
And me... I would pay for this app!

Ok, so, here's the status:

I changed pyRadio to PySide from v4 and up. It was fully functional on the last release of MeeGo that I tried. I never built an RPM for it for MeeGo but made sure it worked and played.

Harmattan is a hybrid. It uses a MeeGo-like core but with the Deb system. rm_you said here that he would maintain a harmattan port and posted a deb for harmattan at his link. However, that looks to have never been updated since 3.6.1.

I do not own a N9 or an N950. I will not pay $700 for a device without a keyboard, not to mention I currently have disagreements with Nokia as a whole because of their drop of support for these devices. So I cannot test it.. however.. if someone wants to grab the deb from Fremantle and try to install it and report back any errors to me I will be more than happy to help someone get this working on Harmattan.

I have no idea how to publish or host a deb in whatever 'official' repo the harmattan devices use. So, if/once we get this working on harmattan (if it doesn't already), the only way to get it will be to download the deb directly and install either via a terminal or if the built-in package manager lets you install from files you can do that too.

ETA: Btw, pyRadio is currently broke and I am working on it so you can grab the current 4.1 deb and see if you get any errors installing or running it.. but it won't completely work right now. If you want to know when it's fixed, follow the official thread.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2011-11-10 at 16:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Update: fatalsaint has helped us to get pyradio working on the N9. See details here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...94#post1125594

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Update: fatalsaint has helped us to get pyradio working on the N9. See details here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...94#post1125594
Folks remember to donate if you have the means, and not just to fatalsaint of course .... Just thought I would mention it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post: