Active Topics

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ East Anglia
Hi

ive searched and searched, but all I find to this question is people changing the subject and chattin bullwinckle

so tell me, is there a way to block unknown number from my device??

I don't know why but I get repeated calls from telemarketers and 2 days ago i got a call saying i can upgrade my phone, which is bull they asked for my credit card details so I hung up. I went to vodafone they don't know nothing about these calls, as for unknown they can block them forever for a small fee or something like that.

so any apps to be able to block these???

thanks.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by weresaz View Post
Hi

ive searched and searched, but all I find to this question is people changing the subject and chattin bullwinckle

I don't know why but I get repeated calls from telemarketers and 2 days ago i got a call saying i can upgrade my phone, which is bull they asked for my credit card details so I hung up. I went to vodafone they don't know nothing about these calls, as for unknown they can block them forever for a small fee or something like that.

thanks.
If you install custom ringtones for contacts, you can set the profile for unknowns to silent. Which helps a ton.

Originally Posted by weresaz View Post
Hi

thanks.
There are apps available to block calls, pycallblocker and callblocker, but they don't seem to be in development any more.
You would probably be better off with installing MyContacts by fcrochik .Save the number to a contact and then block that contact from the app's settings.
As for unknown numbers, I am not sure if that has been implemented yet, but since the developer is very active you could always make a request to him.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ East Anglia
thank you for all your posts, i guess il try write my own little deamon,

im sure i cant be hard, Onevent.incomingcall-name: Unknown number Do = Nothing < thats a sketch if you get me. so when the phone sees the text unknown number it does nothing doesent unlock screen nor does it show missed call. im not so good with linux apps but il try.

if i get anywere il post it on extra devel hopefully dont get your hopes up though

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
I was getting my hopes up as soon as i saw your post. Good luck and keep us posted