Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
It's here!
And it's 64GB
Congratulations.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
I just received shipping notification of my N950 :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Serbia
Mine is in Belgrade, now I need to sign some papers because Serbia is not in Europe Union.
Shouldn't take more than 3 days to received (at least that was said to me on phone).

The Following User Says Thank You to draxcp6 For This Useful Post:
N950 shipping notification received here, too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Now that I'm getting my N950, my first task is going to be to try to get Bluetooth PAN tethering working to my iPod Touch and Nexus 7. For this, I may need to compile/recompile BlueZ.

I have no idea how the development process works on Harmattan. I know there is scratchbox for it. Qt Creator can be used as well. But how does packaging work and what is the equivalent of
Code:
apt-get source <packageX>
Are there repositories similar to extras-dev, testing, extras? Is there an autobuilder?

I see threads about Open Mode, Developer Mode, etc. Is there a wiki article that explains all this? Based on superficial research around the tmo site, it seems the Harmattan documentation is nowhere near the level of Fremantle.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
DHL MAIL received !! for N950!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to titilambert For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
I have no idea how the development process works on Harmattan. I know there is scratchbox for it. Qt Creator can be used as well. But how does packaging work and what is the equivalent of
Code:
Are there repositories similar to extras-dev, testing, extras? Is there an autobuilder?
The scratchbox SDK builds packages too as does QtCreator...

The .DEB packaging thread for the n9 is similar to the n900 one

There is a repo by Rzr for packages already available and some other packages...Harmattan SDK repo...

You can use the OBS in appsformeego too

I see threads about Open Mode, Developer Mode, etc. Is there a wiki article that explains all this? Based on superficial research around the tmo site, it seems the Harmattan documentation is nowhere near the level of Fremantle.
Yes, the documentation for Harmattan is lesser sadly...

Developer Mode gives you access to dev tools and terminal (disabled by default)

Open Mode allows you to bypass Aegis (a "security" watchdog)

You may read more about it here

Lastly, welcome aboard! Its good to see more developers coming over

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Great to see so many people receiving their DHL shipping notices and devices! And wow.. 64Gb versions of the N9 too.. I didn't expect that, I hope it's the same for everyone

Now that I'm getting my N950, my first task is going to be to try to get Bluetooth PAN tethering working to my iPod Touch and Nexus 7. For this, I may need to compile/recompile BlueZ.

Code:

I asked a similar question on the Meego.com forums once, anyways here's how you go about building BlueZ in the Harmattan SDK:

To build it in the Harmattan SDK:

Code:
Code:
$ apt-get update
$ apt-get source bluez
$ cd bluez-4.91/
$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakerootIf
"apt-get source" complains about missing build dependencies then install them with "fakeroot apt-get install <dependency1> ... <dependencyN>".
Thanks to forum user 'Im' for the steps. I never built it myself as I didn't have a Linux development machine at hand and just learned to use the Qt rfcomm API instead (I only need the serial port profile). I did raise a bug report for the missing the BlueZ bluetooth profiles though but it was shot down as a "won't fix".

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-30 at 14:19.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Also received dhl mail notification, status is still in Finland

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas