Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Since 1.2 I am having intermittent problems with internet radio streaming. So far it works fine when I first turn the phone on, but if I have left the phone on all day without streaming, occasionally using emails and browsing, at the end of the day when I start streaming (in other words when I'm going to and coming from work), the handset only plays about a minute of audio then cuts out.

It is doing this on all streams I have tried including BBC London and LBC News. If I press play it reconnects, but the second time it drops out if I press play again the media player does not attempt to reconnect and the phone needs rebooting.

This happens both over 3G and WiFi so I know it is not a network problem, it is definitely a handset problem.

Has anyone else experienced this and are there any fixes (or alternative ways to stream whilst I'm waiting for this to be sorted?)

Anyone at all please?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki, FInland
I have got the same problem.
Anyone has solution?

Its a wifi based problem. since 1.2 the wifi stops working after a while. this must be a bug. since i had it on 2 phones.

It isn't a wifi problem as I am experiencing this both on 3G and wifi. The problem for me started on 3G so I decided to connect to my wifi instead to make sure it was not a problem with my network provider and the problem was still there.

Are there really only two of us with this problem?

i think without realizing you just shed some light for me on this problem...

i have been experiencing problem with internet radio disconnections for quite a while now and no one so far has been able to make recommendations, for me this goes back to before PR 1.2.... i did think PR 1.2 is more stable and in fact i think the problem could be related to a third party app, as after flashing PR 1.2 streaming was working great.

well you said it does not happen when you first turn on the phone... i will try that later, thanks for the tip

There is another bug for pre 1.2 I think on the bugs website, although if you have a look at the link https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10428 I am not sure my bug is believed.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I have no problems with streaming, and I never turn my phone off.

My streaming is done from my own broadcast though.

Perhaps you should ping the site when it is working well and ping the site when it is working poorly and see if it is Network congestion.

I listen to my stream over ATT GPRS, how about that one! It is clear and stable. I have the encoding rate low, because I am only streaming voice off my DirecTV. I think I'm only streaming 12 or 16 kbps.

The other thing to look at is if there is an issue with the Processor at the time you have the issue. Perhaps another process is playing with you?

I had no streaming issues in any of the OS versions. I listen to my stream for hours at a time streaming over FMTx to my car stereo.