Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Cool, it's your site? Seems pretty popular.

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
Cool, it's your site? Seems pretty popular.
just if it would be in english

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
just if it would be in english
-
-
as they say .. the king is naked ... and he still thinks the sun is ...

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Unfortunately my N9 is not as much smooth after overclocking as it was in PR 1.2 after overclocking. In both cases I have overclocked it @1.3Ghz. Anyone else feeling the same or it is just me?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
overclocking is a very subjective issue based on your chip and preferences. Its best to do trial and step at different frequencies to get your own optimal frequency instead of asking others for their opinions as there is a strong possibility that the chip batches differ.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by Ch.Saqib View Post
Unfortunately my N9 is not as much smooth after overclocking as it was in PR 1.2 after overclocking. In both cases I have overclocked it @1.3Ghz. Anyone else feeling the same or it is just me?
You can try running some benchmarks if you want to make sure the overclocking still works, I never tested to be honest.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
You can try running some benchmarks if you want to make sure the overclocking still works, I never tested to be honest.
Sorry to disturb you again. Can you tell me some benchmarks which I can run for the tests plz?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
overclocking is a very subjective issue based on your chip and preferences. Its best to do trial and step at different frequencies to get your own optimal frequency instead of asking others for their opinions as there is a strong possibility that the chip batches differ.
I think it is a good idea. I will surely try this out. Thanks

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by Rogatti View Post
-
-
as they say .. the king is naked ... and he still thinks the sun is ...
sun indeed is, i am not sure about king :P

Cool, okay, well I had to break the compatibility with PR 1.2 because I'm not smart enough to have the kernel modules install in the correct folder depending on whichever kernel you have. The only problem with that is if you are stuck on PR 1.2 for some reason you're gonna get the message popping up saying there's a new version but you won't be able to install it.
I just overwrote the file on my server again with another that should have the version string fixed internally too.
If you didn't sort this out already, I'd strongly suggest simply installing the module files twice - once into each kernel module directory. It's important that it not break during an upgrade from PR1.2 to PR1.3, which is what will happen if you install into only one directory.

The best approach IMO would be to install into one of the version directories, then make a hard link using ln in the postinst script before you depmod. Make sure to delete the hard link using rm in the postrm script, again before depmod. That way, only one copy of the files takes up space, but it works no matter what.

Of course, going PR1.3-only is a legitimate option - just make sure the dependencies are set up so that it can't be installed on PR1.2.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post: