Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
This community is full of egotistical, i-know-it-all type geeks that have no respect for others. Many posters are childish, some are outright immature. Personal attacks, sarcastic remarks and the lack of respect to other members are missing far too often. Being too emotional and in some cases fanatic turns some threads into flame wars. There is so much that we can learn from the iPhone community.

Disclaimer: I don't own an iPhone and don't plan to own one either, but I follow their forums to learn their perspective and I can tell you that they are so much more civilized than we are.

Before you start posting insulting remarks to this thread take a deep breath and check out some of the iPhone forums out there and LEARN that there is a better way.

Peace.

I dunno.. I propose a trial:

Go to the iPhone forum and make a post exactly like this (or just rant and rave how shitty the iPhone is).

We'll come back in three days and see which thread remains more civil. Although... I don't see this one ending up very well, personally... *ducks from the flying stones*
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i would expect the thread on the iphone forum to have been erased from the face of said forum...

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Southend On Sea , Uk
[QUOTE=OrangeBox;437726]This community is full of egotistical, i-know-it-all type geeks that have no respect for others. Many posters are childish, some are outright immature. Personal attacks, sarcastic remarks and the lack of respect to other members are missing far too often. Being too emotional and in some cases fanatic turns some threads into flame wars. There is so much that we can learn from the iPhone community.

Disclaimer: I don't own an iPhone and don't plan to own one either, but I follow their forums to learn their perspective and I can tell you that they are so much more civilized than we are.

Before you start posting insulting remarks to this thread take a deep breath and check out some of the iPhone forums out there and LEARN that there is a better way.

Peace.[/QUOTE

It might be just me but you do seem to mention the iphone alot .

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Where's the forum's "ignore" feature?

*lorelei ducks to avoid flying toilets (bonus points if you get the reference...)

Last edited by lorelei; 2009-12-22 at 17:08.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
*throws snowball

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
This community is full of egotistical, i-know-it-all type geeks that have no respect for others. Many posters are childish, some are outright immature. Personal attacks, sarcastic remarks and the lack of respect to other members are missing far too often. Being too emotional and in some cases fanatic turns some threads into flame wars. There is so much that we can learn from the iPhone community.

Peace.
Well gee golly. With a post like this how could we not be swayed. I for one love being called an (and I paraphrase here) "egotistical, i-know-it-all type geek with no respect for others".

Here is a tip - when you want people to read your post and ponder upon it - perhaps even taking what you said to heart and following your advice and checking out the iPhone forums - you might want to start off by NOT insulting them.

Just an idea.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post

Peace.
I wonder if your approach is the best possible if you want to avoid sarcastic remarks.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
Does orangeBox the guy who start the thread "only 30% of the cost of the N900 is "real" cost " . That was so funny

The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Where's the forum's "ignore" feature?
  1. In a thread, tap the name of the user you wish to ignore.
  2. In the menu that opens, tap "View Public Profile".
  3. On the user's profile page, in the link group under his/her name, tap "User Lists".
  4. In the menu that opens, tap "Add to Ignore List".

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:

Tags
fatalsaint is funny, known troll, self-fulfilling prophecy