Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Turn on USB host mode and connected to ext HD and listen to musics for hours and hours, fine, no problem.

Turn on USB host mode and tried to copy files from tablet to ext HD, problematics. It will either hang, no response, or sometimes may even cause the tablet to reboot! Or, sometimes, it will take a long time and seemed doing something.... Even worse, it finished copying and no error message. Smart me, take a look at the files, I thought amazingly it apparantly went thru without problem this time, there is NO content! It went thru, created a dummy file folder but did not copy the data and did not even bother to flag an error message.

Is this a bug of USB mode/diablo or simply me, still dont know how to use ext HD after 2 months of struggling? Getting a little bit tire of it..........

How to debug or anything I should check?

Problem with lots of small files only, copy 1 file each seems OK. So try to copy say, map out, i.e., many small files all together....

Connected via USB to DC has no problem.

n810/N800 diablo 24-13 or 30-2

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
using a Adata flash drive 16 G, no difference. I am sorry to say, I am frustrated....

Dont get me wrong. I know there are millions way to get files out, ssh, "shared folders", ftp, copy to SD etc,... or copy 649 files one by one, I just want to use USB host ext HD mode. what a day...........

I think USB host mode is not as understandable as we think it is, still needs some polish

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-09-10 at 13:49.

Tags
diablo, ext hd, usb host