Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by paoletto View Post
So, about the HRM is still not clear what the problem is.
For the GPS, would you mind sharing your recordings so that it can be investigated further?
thanks
no problem, i'll get you the recordings tomorrow. The HRM issue was similar to what others described... the HRM was found but did not do anything... i tried to start it i think but will try again as you described. thanks.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
ok, the tapping works as advertised, but the gps still seems off with filtering on, will try logging a run with filtering off soon

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
First of all thanks @Paoletto

Thanks to you I had a nice MTB Sunday ride. It was my first time being able to use the Zephyr HXM belt with my N9. As Ecoach newer got the promised support for it. (Darn I put in my Euros for nothing on that one)

I noticed one possible bug while playing around with it at home. When sitting with my belt on and checking the screen my heart rate bumbs from 50 to 189 or 240 suddenly for a while and returns back to 55. I don't feel like I am having a heart attack while reading this forum even though it is sometimes very exciting. So it must be eighter the belt or the calculations.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Oh, I forgot I also had to report some issues with MeeTrainer.
Last week I was having a nice walk with the MeeTrainer+SportTtracker HRM, and for most of the time according to GPS I was at -10 m height. Rest of data, both heart rate and GPS seemed to be ok.
Only when I opened gpsmeefo MeeTrainer finally reported that height at about +15m or so (correct value).
I closed gpsmeefo and I didn't look at the screen for a while but when I returned home, it was again around -10m.

Hello everybody, sorry for having been unresponsive for a while, lots of stuff + traveling.
Im currently trying to solve a major problem i have to make the serializer more easy to extend (thus my life easier when it comes to adding features).

Regarding the altitude problem: it's a known problem, in the beginning i did some tests, also as you did meetrainer + gpsmeefo, and i always got the same results (often wrong , like you say -10)

i think there's no easy workaround. it seems to me that after a while the altitude tends to stabilize to something more or less correct but it is of course not predictable. The only solution i could think of is using an altitude map instead of the gps altitude. It's pretty complicated (one has to set up a sort of server and there's the need for a qtmobility location plugin to retrieve the data from the server, plus the caching), and its a lot of data, but i requested it and maybe i will end up adding this feature later on. Yes, i also got pretty pissed by the inaccuracy of the altitude from the gps

Hi Paolo,
Thanks very much for this very good app which works well and save battery compared to sportracker. I want to buy a heart rate sensor, and I'm hesitating between this model http://www.boutiquemarathon.com/acce...bluetooth.html and this one http://www.boutiquemarathon.com/acce...oth-smart.html
The last one (the H7) is apparently the newest one with the smart technology compatible with the futur polar products. Could you tell me if the H7 heart rate sensor is compatible or will be compatible with MeeTrainer. Thank you very much.
Can't wait for the new release of MeeTrainer !!!