+ Feels solid
+ Great screen
+ Good sound quality from speakers/phone
+ Pretty fast camera
+ Good keyboard
+ USB charging/sync
+ Customizable desktop

bla bla bla bla bla

...business after all the garbage I bought from them over the years. Let's see how it pans out with some firmware updates but I am starting to get the feeling we're all wasting our time.

............ Nab.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by brog View Post
67 pages about your "garbage".

I offer 20 euros for your "garbage".

If we reach 100 discussion pages, i will offer 200.

That´s ok?

Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Thank you for your reply. I'm an absolute noob, I went for solution #1 swapping home - MyDocs. I was thinking about the camera and other apps if they needed a fat partition. Also I want to know if you use bittorrent and if is more stable with ext3?
If you follow the steps in my link, the Camera and stuff will no longer need FAT. Your home and your MyDocs will both be EXT3 and everything will work fine.

Yup, many ways to skin a cat and all that.. I used one of those solutions for a long time but dealing with FAT just got annoying (desktop is Linux as well so ext3 on everything doesn't affect me.)

P.S: I have read it - it seems a bit complicated. A download would be nice! Also swapping home with MyDocs that you can keep a widely compatible ( not only Linux ) USB - massstorage device.
Won't work that way. /home is not mounted when you connect via USB to the computer. Only SD cards and MyDocs are mounted. If you make MyDocs ext3 that is what will be exported to the computer via USB.

That's what it makes so interesting. Also I want to know how is the keyboard layout for the n900. I'm really needing for the pipe-sign, the lesser and the greater sign. Any idea?
Those are in the Symbols menu. Not hard to get to but having them readily available would be nice. There is some how-to's in this forum to do that I believe (I seem to recall coming across them).. I don't have them off hand though. Look around, should find it.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ City of Angels
Another iphone lover/user.

Should have bought the Ferrari mate. It would have done 0-60 in 3-4 sec. with no chops.

Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Looks like a bit of work here

The problem with ctorrent is that you have to delete all udp and bad tracker by yourself. Just dl the torrent-file and then go to www.torrenteditor.com and edit it. Delete all udp tracker and bad tracker (red color). That's all and ctorrent should find and connect them. I usually use this code:

ctorrent -d -U 30 torrentfile. I'm getting very good results also my device is sometimes unstable. Also there is no resume but it works with fat and it uses only about 10 percent cpu so that you can do other things.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

P.S.: get ctorrent + flashlite here:
https://wiki.cc.gatech.edu/epl/index.php/FlashLite
Never used ctorrent. Transmission on the N900 or qBittorrent on the desktop are usually the ones I use. The problem with FAT is the limit to file size is like 2GB or 4GB.. sometimes the files I download are larger than that. So I use ext3.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
Conversation App Sucks!
User Interface Sucks!
File Manager Sucks!

I have been using nokia phones since i was 10.
7650-3650-6600-N95 8GB-(N810 tablet)-N900
I have developed Apps for Symbian & Maemo phones.
I used to love Nokia . I used to defend Nokia in all discussions against iphone and android...

Nokia will have a hard time to gain its old trust again...They have to lower prices to actually get us to buy their newer devices...I hope they learn to stop selling "prototype" phones to end-users.

and yes i wont be buying a Nokia phone in the near future.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by McLightning View Post
Conversation App Sucks!
User Interface Sucks!
File Manager Sucks!

I have been using nokia phones since i was 10.
7650-3650-6600-N95 8GB-(N810 tablet)-N900
I used to love Nokia . I used to defend Nokia in all discussions against iphone and android...

Nokia will have a hard time to gain its old trust again...They have to lower prices to actually get us to buy their newer devices...I hope they learn to stop selling "prototype" phones to end-users.

and yes i wont be buying a Nokia phone in the near future.
never mind ,happens some time ,but trust me i have seen iphone /android owners especially iphone cheapos,showing off as if they own the world ,lol anyway .
do you know whats the main thing about N900 ?
it never let you fall into boredom ,always keeps you busy .
and yeah **** nokia but love N900 cuz it deserves .

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by McLightning View Post
euh?? ah bon?? What app for example? I can't wait to test it!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
euh?? ah bon?? What app for example? I can't wait to test it!!
do you really want an answer or are you being sarcastic :S ???

http://mclightning.com/mobile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mclight...7624308643969/

And + if my post sound like a Maemo-Hater or something to you
just check out my post here at stackoverflow....

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...ter-than-maemo

Last edited by McLightning; 2011-08-05 at 16:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to McLightning For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
never mind ,happens some time ,but trust me i have seen iphone /android owners especially iphone cheapos,showing off as if they own the world ,lol anyway .
do you know whats the main thing about N900 ?
it never let you fall into boredom ,always keeps you busy .
and yeah **** nokia but love N900 cuz it deserves .
i agree that n900 deserves that it's the closest portable device to a computer...
but there are some issues with its design

Actually one thing that really bothers is its portrait usability.
Nokia did not even made a portrait home screen.it is made by a hacker here in the forum ( thanks to that guy ). Isnt that a shame that much of a powerful phone doesnt come with portrait mode. :/

Because of the lack of design in UI im having a big need to use qwerty keyboard. I dont feel that much of hardware keyboard need in nitdroid . I dont hate it at all you know it could be a perfect phone with a better design.

the other day i wrote about "conversation app sucks etc." i was quite angry because conversation kinda crash over and over again + didnt receive messages + lost the order of messages
and that kinda caused a misunderstanding and lead an argue with my gf

Tags
close me please, cry me a river, delete me, old thread, worstthreadever