Notices

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
I don't think we should fear about map updates. From what I know, Sygic uses the same map format for all platforms. So it the Android/Symbian maps are updated, they'd update ours as well.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
@SygicSupport
Release the code and let the fun begin.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
@SygicSupport
Release the code and let the fun begin.
haha, that's right

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
@Sygic
I'm glad I bought it already, then. Thanks for letting us know about your future plans. At least someone might bother to make another one now, give you some competition when you change your mind in 6 months :P

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
I don't think we should fear about map updates. From what I know, Sygic uses the same map format for all platforms. So it the Android/Symbian maps are updated, they'd update ours as well.
AFAIK Android/Symbian use Tele Atlas maps, Maemo has Navteq. http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/maps.html So unfortunately we are left with nothing.
Sygic don't even bother to answer e-mails these days. I'm really disappointed.

The Following User Says Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
If you want to stop sales of Mobile Maps for Maemo
Proposed to open Sygic AURA for Maemo download the test
Let us have good memories, but also to convert the purchase of mobile phones will increase Sygic AURA

Originally Posted by SygicSupport View Post
Dear customers and fans,

I want to let you know we decided to stop sales of Mobile Maps for Maemo. We will also remove the trial app from Ovi Store.

Selling the app to new customers creates commitment for us to care for the customers in the future. It also generates expectations for existing customers we may not be able to meet.

We also decided to put our MeeGo project on hold. We may restart the project in the future. For now, no development. We will update feedback.sygic.com respectively.

Sorry for bad news.

Kind regards,

Samo Jurdik
Online Channels Director
I think you mean EX-Fans! Thanks a bunch. As I have only recently paid you for Traffic Updates and they have stopped working along with your Maemo depository, how do I claim a full refund so that I can buy a WORKING navigation application?

Talk about fair-weather freinds - Your product was PROMOTED by n900 users, it's less than eighteen months old at retail and you crap on all your supporters.

I won't buy another Sygic product whichever platform I decide to go to when my n900 expires - although I have no intention of that happening for at least a couple of years.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sperry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Have a look here. Perhaps it's currently only by mistake:

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
A comment from Sygic:
We performed some server updates, also there are possible some wrong/forgotten redirections. I'll check it and fix it up.
the repository will be up again, soon.
So please, keep cool and hope the best.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
As I have only recently paid you for Traffic Updates and they have stopped working along with your Maemo depository,
Traffic shall work. The outage may be related to server changes we went through recently. We will look into it. Thank you for notifying us.

The Following User Says Thank You to SygicSupport For This Useful Post:
Even the super lame BADA has support!
And nothing for maemo!

The Following User Says Thank You to amadeukaos For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, goodbye nokia