Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
And has there been any review by independent agencies, so far its fan boys being fanboys. Objectivity is not their strongest trait.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
And has there been any review by independent agencies, so far its fan boys being fanboys. Objectivity is not their strongest trait.
So sayeth the man named Lumiaman... the irony is not lost on me.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I am just asking....give me an independent review. the regular reviewers have said nothing about Jolla

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I am just asking....give me an independent review. the regular reviewers have said nothing about Jolla
Most probably because regular reviewers didn't pre-order their Jolla so they don't have one on their hands? Or maybe because they are too big time for the Jolla? Go ask them why instead of tiring people with the same question repeatedly!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Could someone show us how the phone handles video in the webbrowser? e.g. embedded youtube videos on a webpage etc.

Maybe someone can go to www.theberrics.com and play a movie from that website. N9 always had difficulties in playing movies directly from the browser.

Thanks!

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
also, if somebody owns an n9, could you tell us the advantages that jolla has over the n9?
Jolla advantages
  • user experience is better on Jolla, feels more natural for touch devices. It is continuation of work that n9 started.
  • jolla is much faster
  • more open
  • Android support
  • frequent updates, hopefully
  • has newer technology (newer versions of software packages) and more codecs supported
  • at the start of its journey (n9 is at the end of its journey, for example no more updates, bug fixes and third party software for n9)
  • more up to date web engine (better support for web standards and current web pages/services)
  • lighter weight
  • hardware expansion through other half

N9 advantages
  • more conventional UI (more familar for people from Android, iPhone and desktop)
  • more features on some of the apps like Maps
  • time on lock screen
  • USB access to files works with Fedora Linux (if I remember correctly, didn't test it now)
  • mature product (no many bugs any more), many old third party software available
  • physically smaller

Last edited by att; 2013-11-29 at 06:14.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Does Jolla work as a Mass storage device on OSX?

Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Could someone show us how the phone handles video in the webbrowser? e.g. embedded youtube videos on a webpage etc.
Web browser played fine the video at jolla.com (clicked: "watch the video" below "A new beginning"). Because browser doesn't currently support the landscape mode, the video was not very big on the screen/web page.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Someone tested WAZE for Android ? It work or not ?
Thanks

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Does it have any? From what I am watching, Sailfish is a very complex OS. It's the simplicity that made Harmattan so great.

Is Sailfish better than Harmattan? In ease of use, intuition and sheer looks?
I think Jolla is simpler and more consistent in UI design. Jolla requires little more learning because it is leaving behind many UI concepts that you are familar from desktop (and iPhone and Android). After short learning experience it feels very natural (except dismissing notifications screen). Jolla tries to be native touch screen UI, not desktop UI.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience