Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Make SMdigitallllllll
Model smd-1150 7" Digital portable LCD TV
$45 - $55

Pros It came with a cable just fit the N900TV out cable. So put the 2 cable together and plug into your N900, ta-da, video showed up on your Digital LCD TV. Sadly, no tweaks. I guess all Linux nuts want to tweak something, somehow, right?

Cons: A dead end unit. No video out. It does have audio out to your stereo deck. Resolution is rated 480 X 234. Video is crystal clear. Text, though bigger in size than the N900, is less clear than the N900

Please post your experience with the TV out using a small/travelling monitor, make/model/$, TIA,

pics for your enjoyment, all from WorldTV99; The N900 is placed at the same distance for you to see the size effect

The last pic is the video camera I used to shoot these pics; I like the supra macro!

n
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-04-25 at 00:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
More pics, from WorldTV99

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-04-24 at 21:50.

One of the advantage of this one is the camera tripod hole, so it sits very well on the table!

more pics, 1st 2 show it sits on a tripod, very stirdy when sitting on a desk
The next 2 pics showed the difference between SD and HD, it really showed on this monitor. The last one is the HD channel. This pics are NOT from WorldTV99, this is the regular TV using cable.

So excited about the use as a travelling monitor, forget to mention about its TVaspect. It is the best tuner in this house, it even decode some 'locked' channels from my cableTV! I guess the later the technology, the better the decode. If I have to shop around for a travelling monitor, I would like to:
1) better resolution then this one, so text showed up better
2) must have video out
3) same form factor as this one

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-04-24 at 22:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Well, it is a low-cost solution. Plenty of bulk around that screen, though. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
Waste of money and non-practical

Tags
monitor, tvout, worldtv99