Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@locolyric
your problem is certainly not caused by speedpatch

@WhiteWolf
you may notice a bit of slow down when unlocking the screen with QtLockscreen,
this happens because of the time between switching profiles from underclock to overclock
about 0.5 --> 1 second

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
@ All of you people

I was not ok with the battery lasting I had been having. I think because I deinstalled and installed the batterypatch (KP version). So I checked "overclock" profile. i saw that I had too many frequencies active (FREQS), so I changed that. Now I only have 3: 500, 600 and 805, as my N900 can work at 805 MHz.
Governor is still conservative and smartreflex's VDD1=0 and VDD2=1.
I also raised Max CPU to 805, but that is just for power purposes, and still makes a better performance than with previous settings.

I think it works better now. If I'm not wrong was "vi" who pointed out that having a lot of frequencies makes the device slower and thus it sucks more power because of having to switch among a lot of frequencies.
I tell you just in case someone was experiencing more battery drain than before.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpala16 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
hi guys, i have been using the patches for some time now, i dont know anithing about programming, so i just have installed batterypatch and speedpatch, though i had a lot of issues with the last one...i had the xterm warnings, followed the procedures indicated, but after 5 reboots all was the same...until now...suddently the warnings are gone...instead, my n900 freezes a lot, with no apparent pattern...it never froze before..you think its speedpatch related?

i have batterypatch and speedpatch and as default custom-karam...as i dont know better...

personally i haven't had the lag problem before
and that xterm error used to appear but i reflashed and the problem was solved
i have figured that the problem was from some kind of ohmed tweak

and the most noticeable improvements with speedpatch are : much better multitasking, transmission app doesn't f*ck up all of the phone, asphalt 5 doesn't need to be launched twice so it can turn smooth, and the nokia panorama app just doesn't lag any more

hope this helps

i have noticed huge improvements in my n900 with this paches, both in battery and in performance, i love them and i dont wanna quit them...but right now, by no apparent reason th phone just freezes..i mean, a task is frozen forever(i dont mean lag, i mean its really stuck in the screen), only the phone lights go out and when i tuch it it lihts up again, but nothing else moves...maybe its not even related to speedpatch..any way of knowing?

does speedpatch and battery patch work without kernel power? only default kernel which is omap..

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
The "batterypatch", it extends the life significantly.

Using a Battery "1420mAh SCUD," with phone use as 2G, WiFi, 3G data, installing applications, etc ... with average usage lasted from a Friday at 6:00 am until Sunday at 2:00 am. There is still 8% of the battery.

KP V49, batterypatch and speedpatch in their latest versions.

Finally I uninstalled the batterypatch to check the duration without it and because the N900 becomes very slow going from sleep, especially QTLockscreen.
how is it possible? my scud just arrived. it doesnt giv me this much. plz tell me what to do? i am on kp47. i watched a movie with default brightness at 3 level. it took 30% by 1.5 hrs. what to do?plz help me? i hav both battery patch and speedpatch latest version with vdd1 enabled it battery patch. y is it happening with my brand new scud?
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Masoi View Post
does speedpatch and battery patch work without kernel power? only default kernel which is omap..
I'm sure power kernel is not needed for speed patch and there is definately a non kernel power version of battery patch.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

i bought the scud. but not experiencing drastical battery improvements.i hav already mentioned that 30% takes for an 1.5 hr movie.is it normal? my signatures are installed and some ipk games. powertop also shows around 600 wakeups and when idle top shows 1 or 2% max cpu usage. any guidance please??
BACKUPMENU

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe