Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by Kallela View Post
With a custom layout file, you can create virtual keyboard that has arrow keys, among other things. There have been many discussions here and many people have created different versions of VKBs with arrow keys. Here are some links:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88453
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79492

I have created some as well:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=27
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=28

So you can use one of those or create/modify one by yourself. The layout files are just XML, so with a little study it is not difficult to tweak your own favorite VKB layout.
strange that it works for you, I've got my own custom keyboard using the same XML commands in the examples you've linked to, and it still creates the square icon instead of respecting the arrow command. I've also got Powerpack installed. Will keep digging to find out why

The Following User Says Thank You to Storm_11 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
strange that it works for you, I've got my own custom keyboard using the same XML commands in the examples you've linked to, and it still creates the square icon instead of respecting the arrow command. I've also got Powerpack installed. Will keep digging to find out why
it only works on SMSes not IMs...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
aww, adding arrows to the sms toolbar doesnt work. {or do they? anyone happen to know?}

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The only thing we can do as Council, is to facilitate development in ways the maintainers ask us to. For example we can talk to techstaff team and if there is space, host a repository for these files, or if there are available funds and community desires to expand our infra a bit to make sure such a repository fits. We can add a banner on maemo.org, that kind of thing
Yep, precisely the sort of stuff many want to know, i.e. whether or not there's been discussion/progress amongst HFB/C.
As I recall it's been on the agenda several times before, mainly as something to focus on once the migration stabilised.

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
no ones expecting the board to put down their duties and start developing pr1.4, but setting up a repo and doing basic stability testing is something that would probably be best for an established member of the community.
theres no central place for devs to submit packages, and no review process. probably wont happen unless someone experienced and responsible individually steps up, but if the board or someone on it could do it, they could get the community behind it more easily.
+1

We're just hoping for something (roughly) akin to what was done for Freemantle...
This was after all the hope for the longest time, it'd be sad* if it's been completely abandoned.

*albeit somewhat understandable, all things considered

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-19 at 04:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
This power pack is amazing! I had no problems with it so far. I've overclocked, bigger swap, faster transition, and it feels so brand spanking new!

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
How to install all files in one code??
Any possibility? ?

Posts: 644 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
How to install all files in one code??
Any possibility? ?
Read first post.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Serbia
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
it creates the square icon later in conversation, but if you write first message, then arrows work.
so arrows work only in first message. I guess it has to do something with input fields (input or textarea) and it's not related with powerpack...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saleki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by saleki View Post
it creates the square icon later in conversation, but if you write first message, then arrows work.
so arrows work only in first message. I guess it has to do something with input fields (input or textarea) and it's not related with powerpack...
Oh, sorry guys! I was testing it too quickly on a freshly flashed device without any conversation history. So it's the same way it works on vanilla PR1.3. The first message uses different view & text input component and arrows works there. In the speech bubble view arrows don't work anymore as it apparently uses some custom text input component.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Unlikely caused by powerpack it doesn't touch anything RF releated... have you applied the 3G compatibility fix wrapped in Nokia Link?
Yes i do, but i got very bad reception at home (samsung phones don't have ANY reception). And it happen after power pack installation, but i think it's just a coincidence.
I think it's a problem from my operator.