Posts: 28 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Thailand
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
did you install pr1.3 using nokia suite which restored your backup? i you did then do a clean flash as nokia suite restores your emails to the storage partition but you cant access them so when you add back your accounts space taken for your emails is double or even triple...i had it too...
Thanks For the advice, I will try flashing and see if anything changes.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
EDIT 14.07.2012: One day later issue is back - one of my GMail accounts suddenly stopped auto updating.
Still no fix for this? I'm on pr 1.3 and have gmail set up under mail for exchange. I've deleted and set up the account numerous times - will get a few good syncs, and then it will just stop syncing, citing being unable to connect to the server. This happens with full service or connected to a wifi network. Terribly frustrating.

Originally Posted by rexii23 View Post
I can't express how thankful I am for this!!!!!!! Just tested and worked perfectly!

I've been living with no mfe for hotmail for the past month and it has been the most frustrating experience. I've been a big fan of MS since I had my hotmail account years ago and have always preferred hotmail over gmail. To see it breaking and MS not doing a darn thing about it was the worst. I was seriously considering giving up on hotmail if this wasn't gonna get fixed soon.

This is soo awesome!
Hi guys,

İ âm not a developer but just enjoy using my Nokia N9. Could someone kindly help me with a step by step guide of how to get my hotmail to work with mail for exchange functionality on the n9. İ can see there is a fix but i âm not skilled like you guys.. Please help me to understand how to get it to work on here or a private message.

Thank you,

Ashley
Could someone please help with a step by step guide on how to get

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by AshleyH View Post
Hi guys,

İ âm not a developer but just enjoy using my Nokia N9. Could someone kindly help me with a step by step guide of how to get my hotmail to work with mail for exchange functionality on the n9. İ can see there is a fix but i âm not skilled like you guys.. Please help me to understand how to get it to work on here or a private message.

Thank you,

Ashley
Could someone please help with a step by step guide on how to get
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=777
Ashley download the file from this post.

after installing the app, open it and select your hotmail mail for exchange account. Then switch on the toggle for force eas protocol and enter 2.5 as the version. Click save and you are done. This setting is available is the easy tweak mode of the app.

Originally Posted by hardwater View Post
Many thanks for this, Sergey!

I am not sure where to find the "as-daemon" setting but using the source I deployed the build to my N9 and found a setting called "Force EAS protocol version" in the Easy tweak mode.

When I turned it on, a text box was displayed. I entered "2.5" and pressed "Save Setting".

That was it.

My Hotmail emails are now syncing.

Edit: I've attached the build, but as Sergey has warned, you may use it with caution..
First - thanks a lot for your help - this forum seems to reestablish my believe in the N9.
Unfortunately I am a complete beginner considering going into the depths of the Operating system.
So - I know I have to activate (and how to do that) the developer mode.
If I understood you right (please correct if not), I then have to download the attached file of your post, install it (I know I have to allow external sources first - I hope this is easy to find), and then -
what happens then?
Where do I find these memail account settings you were referring to?
Right now I only use the built in mail accounts ("accounts" on the main screen) - is this what you call MeMail or do I need another app?
Thanks a lot for your help - I admit I am a little lost here.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
First - thanks a lot for your help - this forum seems to reestablish my believe in the N9.
Unfortunately I am a complete beginner considering going into the depths of the Operating system.
So - I know I have to activate (and how to do that) the developer mode.
If I understood you right (please correct if not), I then have to download the attached file of your post, install it (I know I have to allow external sources first - I hope this is easy to find), and then -
what happens then?
Where do I find these memail account settings you were referring to?
Right now I only use the built in mail accounts ("accounts" on the main screen) - is this what you call MeMail or do I need another app?
Thanks a lot for your help - I admit I am a little lost here.

ok first go to settings app on your home screen then click on applications --> installations --> enable installations from non-trusted sources

Then download and install the file from the post you quote...

It'll install an app called MeMail...open it and change the settings as I've described the in the post above you...

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how far in the future calendar events will be synced? While syncing my google calendar, it seems like only events in the next 5-6 weeks are shown on the N9.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
ok first go to settings app on your home screen then click on applications --> installations --> enable installations from non-trusted sources

Then download and install the file from the post you quote...

It'll install an app called MeMail...open it and change the settings as I've described the in the post above you...
Wow - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
You completely reinstalled my believe in the N9!!!
It works - after more than 1 month without anything, I can finally sync everything again!
You guys are really, really great
Just for the other beginners:
The instruction was perfect, but I had to change the connection server from m.hotmail.com to dub-m.hotmail.com (as described in several forums the 3 letters in the adress line of your browser when you log into windows live on a pc) and then I had to restart the device.
I did not activate the developer mode - was not necessary.
Thanks a lot again!!!

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Just want to say thanks for this tweak. After two months unable to synch with Hotmail, and with almost zero response from Microsoft on the issue, I now can once again.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
according to this tread,

EAS 2.5 is properly supported by N9, moreover, EAS 14 is supported too (not fully supported, but still it can be used for syncing). Can someone build MeMailSettings from a new_protocol_support branch and check will it work or not if you are forcing as-daemon to use protocol 2.5 or 14?

NOTE: I haven't tested this branch well, so be careful with other accounts.
You are the best! Thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks again!!!!

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950