Size - it is not just the uneasiness in swiping, but the discomfort, sometimes, of carrying it in my pocket! Except for that, it suffices my use case. To be honest though, the big screen is cool when streaming/watching videos.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
Use something like this while biking http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-smartphone-5-drybag much safer.
I do, when I'm doing some serious biking. Or kayaking, sailing etc. But when I'm commuting or going to a bar for example, no need for case like that. And for example, double tap wake up doesn't work with that kind of waterproof case.

But the casing or waterproofness is not the problem I meant. It's just that the phone is too big to hold in one hand. Of course, both Jolla phones have quite wide bezels. So I might accept a bigger screen with narrower bezels. But enough about this topic

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
The only advantage of Jolla C is brighter screen.
And 2GB of RAM, greater display resolution, etc.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
My Jolla C arrived, but I continue to use OnePlus X with Sailfish OS - much thinner and overall smaller, 3GB RAM, much better OLED screen

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I do, when I'm doing some serious biking. Or kayaking, sailing etc. But when I'm commuting or going to a bar for example, no need for case like that. And for example, double tap wake up doesn't work with that kind of waterproof case.

But the casing or waterproofness is not the problem I meant. It's just that the phone is too big to hold in one hand. Of course, both Jolla phones have quite wide bezels. So I might accept a bigger screen with narrower bezels. But enough about this topic
Actually double tap in that case works to wake up the phone.

I know what you mean about the phone size and I agree 100%

Unfortunately Jolla C supposed to be a "developer programme device" with lots of shortcomings, many of them annoying.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Use something like this while biking http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-smartphone-5-drybag much safer.
Slight detour...

They're pretty awful to operate side buttons with IME. Also tried a couple of other cases.

In the end I bought a Sony Z1c instead, a clear rigid back case, a SRAM to Garmin adaptor, some 3M super strong double sided tape and a Garmin handlebar mount. It's much sleeker than a phone in a bag, easier to operate and so far, totally waterproof.

The compact also solves the screen size / one handed issue and all the decent bike nav apps work too. I never had much luck with using a Jolla phone for bike duties as the apps would always get killed mid ride.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Slight detour...

I never had much luck with using a Jolla phone for bike duties as the apps would always get killed mid ride.
more detour ...

Halftrail app seems to work fine, it allows loading GPX routes which can be easily followed, or record the current one.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
more detour ...

Halftrail app seems to work fine, it allows loading GPX routes which can be easily followed, or record the current one.
That's ok for short routes that you've either pre-set or downloaded from elsewhere but I rarely do that.

Most of the time I'll just pick a town that is 100km(ish) away and let komoot pick the route like a typical sat nav with voice nav, route recalculation and everything. Or let Strava record a route I already know if I'm on a local training ride instead of a multi day/week tour.

I also quite like https://www.wadlbeisser.org as a more pure bike computer. The UI is good.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Speaking of Jolla C / Aqua Fish and navigation. The latest Intex ad for the phone with no compass...

https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/statu...81617031319552

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Speaking of Jolla C / Aqua Fish and navigation. The latest Intex ad for the phone with no compass...

https://twitter.com/IntexBrand/statu...81617031319552
They photoshopped a rendering of the phone on a stock photo and the best thing they could think of was to make the screen show the physical map underneath.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os